Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There is no sense any comments around when it’s ok for a man to “assault” a woman.  That just should stop. Mickey has been placed on administrative leave, and it would make zero sense for Trev and Rhule to wait for the legal system to go through its process to retain Mickey as part of the new staff.  Cut ties with Mickey, and hope that he can save whatever relationship he has with his wife and kids. If Mickey does end up being guilt of the crime, NU would be able to recoup the final 2 years on his contract, as he would he terminated for cause. 

I wonder if she will ask the authorities to no press charges because of this.

10 minutes ago, Hagg said:

One thing these days about startling allegations is that they seem to spell guilt with the public long before a trial of innocence before proven guilty. 

Yes, he was arrested.  We know very little else at this point. 

While true, the court of public opinion has always been this way. I think it's just more pervasive thanks to social media.

But this is also one of those situations where there won't need to be a trial. The university has already placed him on administrative leave and will probably look to formally sever ties ASAP pursuant to conversations with their lawyers. I imagine the mere fact he was arrested on a violent offense is probable cause to be fired.

• TBH 1
2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Gotta be honest. If this is true I am pretty sad. I really liked Mickey and what I thought he stood for. Breaks my heart for his family who will have to suffer. Pretty depressing. 

Yep. Pretty much sums up my thoughts right now. Mickey was one of my favorites. 

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

But this is also one of those situations where there won't need to be a trial. The university has already placed him on administrative leave and will probably look to formally sever ties ASAP pursuant to conversations with their lawyers. I imagine the mere fact he was arrested on a violent offense is probable cause to be fired.

Scary statement in my opinion.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
Just now, gobiggergoredder said:

Scary statement in my opinion.

I mean, yes and no. The court of public opinion and due process are two very different things, and the university will probably not want to associate themselves with someone accused of and arrested for domestic assault. That's generally how these things go.

• TBH 3