Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

11 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Sorry u didn’t understand. It is not really all that complicated. It is not about this case particularly- just the general process.  

I completely understand that your post had absolutly no relevence to the conversation at hand..  just for reference your next post might add that over 600,000 cats and dogs are euthanized each year...  adopt a rescue pet..  

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

I completely understand that your post had absolutly no relevence to the conversation at hand..  just for reference your next post might add that over 600,000 cats and dogs are euthanized each year...  adopt a rescue pet..  

of course it’s relevant. We were discussing the court delays in this case.  The point is that these continuances are routine and almost automatic.  The prosecutor probably didn’t object.  He or she could have.  90% of cases drag along for many months into years in the courts, particularly in the larger towns/cities.  In the end, a plea bargain happens and not a trial on the merits.  Sometimes that results in some sort of ‘just’ result in a practical manner but often, from the view of people outside the system, the outcome looks unjust.  

Defendants fear they won’t get a ‘fair’ trial while prosecutors would like to get the case over with, whether or not the result is the one they believe is appropriate. Imo too many defendants plead guilty to lesser charge even though they they don’t truly feel they are guilty.  What MJ believes is right or wrong may not be the outcome he receives.  

• TBH 1

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

No one here is talking about witches  :dunno

And I think adopting dogs is a great way to add a pet to the family!

No one was talking about the prosecuting attorney asking for a continuance either, but here we are...  both are irrelavant to the conversation..

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

of course it’s relevant. We were discussing the court delays in this case.  The point is that these continuances are routine and almost automatic.  The prosecutor probably didn’t object.  He or she could have.  90% of cases drag along for many months into years in the courts, particularly in the larger towns/cities.  In the end, a plea bargain happens and not a trial on the merits.  Sometimes that results in some sort of ‘just’ result in a practical manner but often, from the view of people outside the system, the outcome looks unjust.  

Defendants fear they won’t get a ‘fair’ trial while prosecutors would like to get the case over with, whether or not the result is the one they believe is appropriate. Imo too many defendants plead guilty to lesser charge even though they they don’t truly feel they are guilty.  What MJ believes is right or wrong may not be the outcome he receives.  

:facepalm:

19 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

No one was talking about the prosecuting attorney asking for a continuance either, but here we are...  both are irrelavant to the conversation..

:facepalm:

What are you having for dinner this evening?

I'm thinking it's a frozen pizza kind of night.  The kids have a lot going on and I'm not really sure if I'll have time to cook up anything nice.

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2023 at 7:11 PM, Hooked on Huskers said:

Convicted murder, average of 18 years death row.  Not 18 days nor 18 months but 18 years !

Late 19th century laws, convicted murder. Next day or two, hanging or firing squad.  The same U.S. constitution.

Mary Surratt, who was convicted of taking part in the conspiracy which led to the assassination of Abe Lincoln.  Trial ..... sentenced to death, June 30th 1865. She was hanged ... July 7th 1865.

Death row, 8 days.  Approved, backed by U.S. constitution

hanging-of-mary-surratt.jpeg