Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

40 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It's not a test at all. Makes the decision super easy. He maybe doesn't even need to say anything at all except "I hired a WR coach and his name is <insert name not Mickey Joseph's>."

I disagree. Here you have a group of players that just had a crazy season to get through and ended on a high note with MJ. They are already dealing with changes that are a part of big time college football. Their leader and coach they were close to just had something terrible happen to him and his family. Of course it’s going to impact them.

As for Rhule, what I meant is now he is tested to rally this group together and he doesn’t know MJ like they did. If he blows it off like well I got a new guy let’s get to work I don’t think that will serve him well. I don’t expect him to do that as that would be a failed test and failed first impression. Unfortunately MJ is out and I would have liked to have seen him stay or take another role elsewhere that was right for him. This now blows both of those up. Rhule is going to have to find a new replacement and demonstrate he cares and that yes other stuff is more important than football. The players will absolutely view how he handles this first big test that nobody wanted.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

One bad decision is all it takes to land someone in jail.

I think mentions of something he may or may not have done back in the 90s has no bearing here.  Interesting how in all the threads about Coach Joseph, I don’t recall seeing any negative mentions of him in regards to anything that happened in the 90s.  Let’s not kick a man while he’s down.  

I said it.  And if guilty, these behaviors don’t  randomly occur when people are in their 50’s 

and if he can’t kick him,  can we choke him?  

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

This is a bad take to look at it, but im sorry if this is part our fault as fans.  Putting so much pressure on people and some people may not be able to and then they snap.  It happens all the time, this job this team is alot of pressure and now this happened.  Maybe he had hoped that he could really get that job and he didnt and he took it hard, thats how life is but i guess.  I dont know, im just completely blown away.  My wife thought i was yelling that someone died.  This is just unbelievable 

There is no question that stress can cause people to do things they would not normally do.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

This is a bad take to look at it, but im sorry if this is part our fault as fans.  Putting so much pressure on people and some people may not be able to and then they snap.  It happens all the time, this job this team is alot of pressure and now this happened.  Maybe he had hoped that he could really get that job and he didnt and he took it hard, thats how life is but i guess.  I dont know, im just completely blown away.  My wife thought i was yelling that someone died.  This is just unbelievable 

Fans are going to be fans, but I did think it was weird that so many fans put Mickey’s importance to NU in the go-forward plans above the head coach. I just thought the pedestal which people put Mickey on was weird to me. I felt this way before today’s events.

I am sure there was a lot of stress in the Joseph household. From Mickey trying to lead the football team for 2 months, to the Josephs trying to figure out where home is going to be next week. If the charges are true, it doesn’t excuse the behavior, but the adoration of the fans probably added to the stress of the situation. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

Well if these allegations are true I feel for his family during this time. I do not condone what he is accused of though and if true the book needs thrown at him. I've been to many domestics involving strangulations and the victims are truly at deaths door step at that moment. The suspect in those cases though don't go 0 to 60 and all of the sudden decide to strangle one day. There's usually a violent road to get to that point in my experience. Truly a sad situation....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

There are plenty of coaches that get fired and don’t strangle anyone.  One thing is for sure, if it sticks, his college career is over. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Well if these allegations are true I feel for his family during this time. I do not condone what he is accused of though and if true the book needs thrown at him. I've been to many domestics involving strangulations and the victims are truly at deaths door step at that moment. The suspect in those cases though don't go 0 to 60 and all of the sudden decide to strangle one day. There's usually a violent road to get to that point in my experience. Truly a sad situation....

Would you suspect drugs or alcohol?  Seems an odd thing to do on a Wednesday. Or maybe it happened awhile back?  

Mrs. Joseph’s cryptic  “the truth will set you free” tweet may be making more sense   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You need cause or you’re 100% setting yourself up for a lawsuit.

That's what I'm saying - this could very well be cause. :dunno Not sure why that possibility rankles you so deeply.

At one of my previous places of work, we fired two contractual employees for arrests we deemed violated their contract language, and it was something that had been done before and has probably happened since. There was never any fear from our legal team of losing some kind of wrongful termination suit.

But, you're good. Obviously you know better. 

https://giphy.com/gifs/GCvktC0KFy9l6

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Would you suspect drugs or alcohol?  Seems an odd thing to do on a Wednesday. Or maybe it happened awhile back?  

Mrs. Joseph’s cryptic  “the truth will set you free” tweet may be making more sense   

Either is a possibility but I'd guess more chance of it being alcohol. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

That's what I'm saying - this could very well be cause. :dunno Not sure why that possibility rankles you so deeply.

At one of my previous places of work, we fired two contractual employees for arrests we deemed violated their contract language, and it was something that had been done before and has probably happened since. There was never any fear from our legal team of losing some kind of wrongful termination suit.

But, you're good. Obviously you know better. 

https://giphy.com/gifs/GCvktC0KFy9l6

Absolutely spot on with regards to contract language being sufficient.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2