Where do we go from here.

I don’t think to many outside of Nebraska give a crap what happens to the former interim coach at NU. It may hurt NU recruiting in the short term, but Rhule seems connected. Hopefully MJ will speak positively about NU if a recruit speaks to him. 
Rhule will clean house and build up a strong foundation of being a fundamentally sound football team (hopefully). 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

After looking at Rhules hires I'm not sure if Mickey was really a consideration before the incident. Where do I think we go from here? We take a step back in recruiting but if Rhule develops guys and sends some to the league (like he has at 2 other schools) we take about 5 steps forward from where we've currently been. Be patient. 

• TBH 1

To me, the key is and always has been the opener vs Minnesota next year. Win that, with the non con being what it is and there is a good chance you’re 4-0 with Michigan coming in. Imagine the hype if that happened! 

Recruiting this year is not that important, these year 0 classes are often scramble drills and it’s just that much harder for new coaches with the early signing period. I think there is a bit of a secret weapon here combining Trev’s media savvy with Rhule’s ability with a mic. I think they can sell players on the portal.

Hit the portal hard, cobble together something to take advantage of a favorable schedule then use that advantage to execute your longer development strategy though recruiting prep players.