New Defensive Coordinator - TONY WHITE

TGHusker

13 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

Please tell me he attacks, attacks, attacks as his philosophy. So sick of watching the stand around and watch defense. I want hit the RB on the way the QB. 

White’s defense is aggressive. Speed is an important element. They’ll be keyed in and pursuing. It gives a variety of looks. That’d be the way I’d describe it. 

• Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 4
19 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

Please tell me he attacks, attacks, attacks as his philosophy. So sick of watching the stand around and watch defense. I want hit the RB on the way the QB. 

Obviously can't read the article w/o subscription, but I think the tweet will make you happy :D 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

And if the dude can get kids to Syracuse, where there's "nothing do to and it's cold and snowy" (said with whiney voice of all the folks who say we'll never be good because who wants to spend time in cold boring Nebraska) recruiting to Nebraska should be cake.

To be fair it's close to that little water fall thingy. That's a big selling point

It's 4 hours from the 2nd and 4th largest cities in North America (NYC & Toronto). 4 hours from Montreal. 5 hours from Boston. There's skiing close by. Ben and Jerry's ain't too far for the linemen. It's got a lot more going for it than stinkin' Lincoln. But it does snow more...

19 minutes ago, ZRod said:

To be fair it's close to that little water fall thingy. That's a big selling point

It's 4 hours from the 2nd and 4th largest cities in North America (NYC & Toronto). 4 hours from Montreal. 5 hours from Boston. There's skiing close by. Ben and Jerry's ain't too far for the linemen. It's got a lot more going for it than stinkin' Lincoln. But it does snow more...

ZRod - not sure if you live up here?  I can say confidently that nobody is going to Cuse for the lake and the 2 weeks of fall.  They don't leave campus often, when they might ski its BB season.  It's a great little college town, but its proximity to Boston and NYC isn't a draw for any students that I know of ... unless maybe for those that might do summer internships in the cities.  Course I'm only speaking of my friends who went there, but I'd think the athletes have the same or higher constraints (no skiing for them I'm pretty sure, training table and the like).  I think his biggest adjustment (and maybe he'll view it as a positive) is the academic standards at Syracuse limits their recruiting targets - I assum UNL isn't as stringent.

• Plus1 1