New Defensive Coordinator - TONY WHITE

TGHusker

1 hour ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I don't know that I would use the Fiesta Bowl to support the 3-3-5. While TCU has made some plays Michigan has 38 points on em with almost a whole quarter left. 

I'd take the TCU defense all day.

They were fast, physical, tackled well, had 2 pick 6's, at least four sacks, a goal line stand (2?), and generated pressure from a multitude of places often with their front 3 or 4.

They held Michigan to 6 first half points and had the O confused a lot of the time. Of course they gave up some plays and points before it was over. It's Michigan. They're a really good team.

But they also played a great 4th quarter. In those final drive Meetchicken Qb was running for his life.

5 hours ago, benjibean1 said:

I really liked this q&a. He gets me pumped to say 2 things. 1. Coach to what you have for personnel. 2. Do the blackshirts right. 

love that he didn’t have all the answers. He will figure it out. 

You'll see that coach's staff will work with the players available to put us in the best chance of winning. 

6 hours ago, benjibean1 said:

I really liked this q&a. He gets me pumped to say 2 things. 1. Coach to what you have for personnel. 2. Do the blackshirts right. 

love that he didn’t have all the answers. He will figure it out. 

That's always the best answer if you don't know something.  Say simply "I don't know right now, but I'll go find out".

8 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

He is impressive, can definitely tell why he is a rising star. Assuming his tenure at NU goes as we all hope, the only concern might be how long Rhule can convince him to stay before becoming a HC. If that happens, then the Blackshirts will be fun to watch in the near future. 

What comes through to me is his humility, which is a mark of strength (contrary to popular opinion).

I think that managing & implementing the new NCAA rule (analysts can coach except

for game day) could mean a BIG edge for schools with the money to hire good ones in numbers (like Nebraska). But that also needs a DC who is a manager and open to input from everyone - who then charts the course and gets everyone on the same page (with accountability).

I also like the attitude of respect for Nebraska. It comes across that he knows he’s been given the keys to something special & he wants to do things right. Seems like a very GENUINE dude and I look forward to seeing his work.