New Defensive Coordinator - TONY WHITE

TGHusker

38 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

I think I was looking for coaches that had experience with Rhule but that were also multi time Broyles award winners. Admittedly, I am never happy. ;)

Well, thanks for admitting that. 

Rhule has built programs.  He also knows these coaches. He’s also very demanding on his coaches to do things how he wants. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

The longer this takes to announce, the more hope I have that it is Glenn Schumann.

Current salary is 600k.

Has recruited and signed 10!!! 5-stars.

NFL guys that committed to him include Nakobe Dean (3rd round), Travon Walker (last year's number 1 pick), Quay Walker (1st rd), Jake Fromm, Lewis Cine (1st rd), and Jermaine Johnson (1st rd).

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

The longer this takes to announce, the more hope I have that it is Glenn Schumann.

Current salary is 600k.

Has recruited and signed 10!!! 5-stars.

NFL guys that committed to him include Nakobe Dean (3rd round), Travon Walker (last year's number 1 pick), Quay Walker (1st rd), Jake Fromm, Lewis Cine (1st rd), and Jermaine Johnson (1st rd).

Well, we need a LB coach also - so he fits the bill. He would be a great get.  A Saban disciple and worked extensively wt Kirby Smart at Bama an now Georgia.   He has had no prior experience wt Rhule, so that may be the strike against him coming here. Hopefully Rhule is willing to take an 'outsider' as well. 

Glenn Schumann (born March 29, 1990) is an American football coach who is currently the co-defensive coordinator and inside linebackers coach at the University of Georgia. He previously served as assistant coach at the University of Alabama from 2008 to 2015. See more

• Oh Yeah! 2

27 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Well, we need a LB coach also - so he fits the bill. He would be a great get.  A Saban disciple and worked extensively wt Kirby Smart at Bama an now Georgia.   He has had no prior experience wt Rhule, so that may be the strike against him coming here. Hopefully Rhule is willing to take an 'outsider' as well. 

Glenn Schumann (born March 29, 1990) is an American football coach who is currently the co-defensive coordinator and inside linebackers coach at the University of Georgia. He previously served as assistant coach at the University of Alabama from 2008 to 2015. See more

They still might know each other or have mutual coaching friends, which always helps.

2 minutes ago, GSG said:

I know he's been with Rhule everywhere but he's 66 and soon to be 67 in a couple weeks. Does he have any gas left in the tank? 

I would prefer to have someone younger.  If he had been here for a while and had his system installed with good coaches under him....fine....keep coaching.  But, we need someone who can have the energy to work their asses off and motivate players.

• TGHusker changed the title to New Defensive Coordinator - TONY WHITE