New Defensive Coordinator - TONY WHITE

TGHusker

On 12/10/2022 at 10:31 AM, lo country said:

Just one data point of many.  I realize that he only "control" 1/3 of the team, but W-L records get guys fired (or hired) all the time.  I do think it's a valid question/concern.  I still wonder why he is a "great hire".

No one wants to hire a HC who has lost more than they have won.  Some have concerns for Rhule's over all record.  

You seem to bring this up quite often, so you have issues!

4 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

You seem to bring this up quite often, so you have issues!

I'm good with Rhule tbh. no issues.  The comments about Rhule were related to other posters and his career W-L record.  As to White, I do have some concerns.  Sees highly regraded.  Rhule has a reputation of also developing coaches.  I am in a wait and see with him.  As I am with Satterfield tbh.

And to my post about White and record as a DC, no one has really said "why he is a great hire".  

Just now, lo country said:

I'm good with Rhule tbh. no issues.  The comments about Rhule were related to other posters and his career W-L record.  As to White, I do have some concerns.  Sees highly regraded.  Rhule has a reputation of also developing coaches.  I am in a wait and see with him.  As I am with Satterfield tbh.

I like white.  He appears to be a good young coordinator with very good lineages.  I'm going back to 2 things: s&c & trenches.  These 2 items will make any coach's job easier or harder.

Just now, Mavric said:

Well, if you haven't heard about it then it obviously doesn't exist.

Im not saying that but you usually hear word on who Nebraska is going after. It hasn't appeared like alot of o-line or d-line players have came out saying Nebraska has offered or shown interest. But I know CR and the staff are working behind the scenes even if we haven't heard any names that's all.

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know im just saying. Other then the Texas A&M transfer and the Arizona State transfer making official visits there hasn't been much word on who else the staff is interested in.

Didn't they do in homes with all of the current Oline commits? And also w Noonan ( I think OLB will be near the line of scrimmage sometimes, yes?) And they offered the DL from Western Michigan, and the OL from Rhode Island? 

What are they not doing that you think they should be?

I get it, you don't like the hire, but damn.

• TBH 2

They’re doing well - it’s been a couple weeks.  Lots to do.  They’re tRgeting what look like the best of very slim pickings.  There aren’t many line recruits - period and most are already spoken for by competitors.  If he finds 3 decent O line and a couple DL and DEs, that will be light years better than prior coaches.  

All things considered, Rhule is exceeding the most optimistic expectations imo.   There’s time.  Some guys only been in the portal a few days.  

• TBH 1
5 minutes ago, macroboy said:

Didn't they do in homes with all of the current Oline commits? And also w Noonan ( I think OLB will be near the line of scrimmage sometimes, yes?) And they offered the DL from Western Michigan, and the OL from Rhode Island? 

What are they not doing that you think they should be?

I get it, you don't like the hire, but damn.

I never said that. I know they are working I never said that. I just said it hadn't seemed like they have addressed the problem with our lines being so bad that's all. 

9 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I never said that. I know they are working I never said that. I just said it hadn't seemed like they have addressed the problem with our lines being so bad that's all. 

I’m not sure what people were expecting, but I think it’s unrealistic for Rhule and his staff to make wholesale changes on the o-line through the transfer portal. First, quality o-linemen in the portal are the most difficult to land. Second, it’a challenging for a new staff to evaluate the current o-line without having them go through S&C and at least a Spring practice. Film study on o-line is impossible without knowing what each player is responsible for on each play.  Finally, with Prochazka and Nouilli coming back next year, in theory 2/5 of the starting o-line should be set for 2023 (although I do worry about Teddy being able to stay healthy). 

• TBH 3