New Defensive Coordinator - TONY WHITE

TGHusker

9 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Did we ever have a chance with Carter or Chestnut?  Their D coordinator comes over here but they go to OSU and LSU? :dunno

2 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Maybe the coach, knowing them and their backgrounds wasn't as interested as OSU and LSU :dunno

I mean there are 2 reasons they were at Syracuse in the first place - Coach White might be one, but the bigger reason is just the offers they had out of high school. Even if they love Coach White, you'd be leaving Syracuse to follow him anyway and now you can pretty much go anywhere. Those are two of the premier DB factories in the country.

59 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

We watched Georgia destroy TCU's 3-3-5 D last night.  Does that give anyone 'pause' when considering that we might be going to the same base defense?  

I saw a defense take bad angles, had poor tackling, blown assignments and not getting lined up.  They also didn't seem to be very aggressive.  Have all those  things and any defense will look bad.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Georgia destroyed a lot of different defenses this year.

So true.  I guess Nebraska doesn't have the biggest victory total in a championship game any longer (1995).  I turned it off when they went ahead 51-7.  Could not believe they scored 2 more TDs and TCU was still sitting at 7.   

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

So true.  I guess Nebraska doesn't have the biggest victory total in a championship game any longer (1995).  I turned it off when they went ahead 51-7.  Could not believe they scored 2 more TDs and TCU was still sitting at 7.   

I didn't even turn it on.  Was playing chauffer for my kids and got home a little after 8:00.  I had heard a score update on the radio and decided to not even bother...

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

We watched Georgia destroy TCU's 3-3-5 D last night.  Does that give anyone 'pause' when considering that we might be going to the same base defense?  

I think it's natural to think that.  BUT that same defense beat Michigan.  UGA would not be denied last night. They were clicking on all cylinders.  Hard to stop a team with their talent when that happens.  

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I didn't even turn it on.  Was playing chauffer for my kids and got home a little after 8:00.  I had heard a score update on the radio and decided to not even bother...

Really - it was a no contest from the very beginning.  I was on the phone for half of it and not bothering to watch.  Yawner for sure.  So when does 2023 Georgia enter the debate of "Greatest of all Time"??    1995 & 1971 Nebraska need to continue to be a part of that debate.  We got 2001 Miami, 2019 LSU also claiming that title.  

Just now, lo country said:

I think it's natural to think that.  BUT that same defense beat Michigan.  UGA would not be denied last night. They were clicking on all cylinders.  Hard to stop a team with their talent when that happens.  

I thought their talent level may have exceeded some of the better Bama teams of the past decade or at least matched up to it.  

• TBH 1

TCU didn't look as aggressive as they usually do.

I think they knew they knew they were outgunned and it showed in the way they played.

Regardless of the Defensive front we run - we CANNOT be outsized/outmanned on the LOS. Just can't win like that; but thankfully Rhule seems to be aware of this... He even mentioned he likes quick, athletic lineman; but ultimately, we need big scary guys up front.

big, scary, AND athletic is the ideal tho

• Plus1 1