New Defensive Coordinator - TONY WHITE

TGHusker

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Well, we need a LB coach also - so he fits the bill. He would be a great get.  A Saban disciple and worked extensively wt Kirby Smart at Bama an now Georgia.   He has had no prior experience wt Rhule, so that may be the strike against him coming here. Hopefully Rhule is willing to take an 'outsider' as well. 

Glenn Schumann (born March 29, 1990) is an American football coach who is currently the co-defensive coordinator and inside linebackers coach at the University of Georgia. He previously served as assistant coach at the University of Alabama from 2008 to 2015. See more

Schumann would be a tremendous, tremendous hire.  As weird as this sounds to type, he is hilariously underpaid at $600k.  He is one of Kirby's key guys so I don't know if he's gettable but man, it would be sweet if Nebraska did.  I wouldn't mind seeing Geoff Collins get a long look but am reading things that he might be falling into "The Jerk Store called and they're running out of you" category.

54 minutes ago, GSG said:

Delicious 

Hawaiian.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would prefer to have someone younger.  If he had been here for a while and had his system installed with good coaches under him....fine....keep coaching.  But, we need someone who can have the energy to work their asses off and motivate players.

Agree.  Get one of the great younger DC guys in here and use Snow as a mentor if at all possible. 

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Hmmm. Wants to stay in the Madison area, is a football coach,  but just was let go from his position in Madison.  Something tells me he at least won't be staying in the Madison area if he continues his current career.  His family certainly could still, who knows.

• TGHusker changed the title to New Defensive Coordinator - TONY WHITE