New Defensive Coordinator - TONY WHITE

TGHusker

8 minutes ago, PattyG said:

If it is Schumann when do you think we get an announcement? Do we have to wait until they're done with the CFP? Or does it get announced after today's game? Obviously you want him here and recruiting, but he might be worth the wait.

Here’s the deal, IMO… If we do not announce anyone within the next two weeks, pretty much let everyone know that we are getting someone coaching in the CFP. Cannot recall any DC, not announcing before a regular ball game.If we do not announce anyone within the next two weeks, pretty much let everyone know that we are getting someone coaching in the CFP. Cannot recall any DC, not announcing before a regular ball game.

17 minutes ago, PattyG said:

If it is Schumann when do you think we get an announcement? Do we have to wait until they're done with the CFP? Or does it get announced after today's game? Obviously you want him here and recruiting, but he might be worth the wait.

Usually it is announced after the CCGs.

But if they are in the playoff, they would stay coaching until the season is over.

22 minutes ago, PattyG said:

I don’t have an answer. I’d prefer sometime soon after today’s game. Not sure that’s something the involved parties would want to do. 

16 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

He's been trying to get Snow, but Snow isn't sure he's coming back to college/ready to come back at all. 

My take…. if you are deciding “if” you want to retire or come back, you can’t give the effort you or the program deserve. Anytime the going gets tough, you will have that thought in the back of your mind that you should have retired and begin looking forward to the end of the year…. Trust me on this !!!

• Plus1 5
  • TBH 2

7 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

I would have to imagine Snow will need to give a answer by this weekend and Rhule will likely have an idea of who the next DC will be with the portal opening up starting Monday and signing day a few weeks later 

Or they could group recruit and say, we know who it'll be but we can't announce until xyz date as we are respecting his current team, but here's the style we will be running and how we see you fitting in this system.

• Plus1 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to New Defensive Coordinator - TONY WHITE