Old names, new names

Well, we are in that period.  Old coaches out, new coaches in.  Coaches we don't like are gone, but so are some of them we like are gone too.  

Old players leaving.  Good players, bad players, players we like.  Recruits decommitting, hearing new names we have never heard.

I am so disappointed and sad about the Mickey thing and his family.

This time kind of sucks, but so has the last 5+ years.  That is my focus.  We have SUCKED, we have been an embarrassment.  We have been a laughing stock to the B1G and the rest of the country.  Hell, Husker Nation should sue Scott Frost for stealing money and our freaking hearts.

I have decided to move forward.  This period sucks, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I hope we got it right.  We may lose everyone from the 4 win team.  We may have a bad recruiting class.  But I think we need to look forward.  I think we will soon be able to hold our heads high!

GO BIG FREAKIN' RED!!

• Plus1 1

39 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Well, we are in that period.  Old coaches out, new coaches in.  Coaches we don't like are gone, but so are some of them we like are gone too.  

Old players leaving.  Good players, bad players, players we like.  Recruits decommitting, hearing new names we have never heard.

I am so disappointed and sad about the Mickey thing and his family.

This time kind of sucks, but so has the last 5+ years.  That is my focus.  We have SUCKED, we have been an embarrassment.  We have been a laughing stock to the B1G and the rest of the country.  Hell, Husker Nation should sue Scott Frost for stealing money and our freaking hearts.

I have decided to move forward.  This period sucks, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I hope we got it right.  We may lose everyone from the 4 win team.  We may have a bad recruiting class.  But I think we need to look forward.  I think we will soon be able to hold our heads high!

GO BIG FREAKIN' RED!!

The bolded hits home.  We are concerned about losing guys from a 4 win team....Throw in Palmer was 2nd team and our best player...The 6 year super seniors were part of a team that never went to a bowl game, 23 wins in 6 years...Unsure if I take off the Husker colored glasses that I see one guy that can't be replaced even by a true freshman.  Ad that's so freaking sad...

• Plus1 5

This week started off so great. Rhule is positive and seems to have the right perspective on what it will take. He is a gifted speaker and relationship builder and I was feeling the momentum change. Then this came crashing down with the whole Mickey episode which is tragic. What a complete gut punch. Now kids hitting the portal.

Day by day and trust the process has never rang more true. We are getting new coaches, new players, and hopefully retaining the kids that want to be here. Heck this is a good staff with NFL chops everywhere. I think they will build us to a better tomorrow.  I look forward to that.

12 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

I could see Rhule letting the players enter the transfer portal to see what else is out there, while at the same time, trying to recruit them to stay.

I do sense he values guys that fit and want to be here vs splash recruit that needs catered to. He’ll also take raw talent with the ability to coach them to success. Our recruiting ranking will be interesting over the years. Someone posted something on if classes were re-ranked after they played and I think Rhule did pretty well. In that regard he was probably identified by Trev as the guy to get enough of a ranking but then excelled with player development where players were succeeding more than their recruiting ranking suggested. 

• Plus1 1