Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

I expect, as most do, a lot more portal guys to exit because if you look at the number of guys that we have on scholly and look at the offers.... and we are still offering, some guys will be shown the door. Obviously, not all offers will end up here, but MR is looking to turn over the roster to some extent, as expected. Interested in some younger LB…Kpai and Malcom…. Are they expendable or do they fit the MR development type

I believe Rhule gave all the players the option to stay or go.  Some are leaving but doubt many are being pushed out.  Some well know they are backups at any rate so maybe they find a place with less competition (likely a lower level program or maybe a team with a critical need).  

This is the right way to do things.  Ethically imo.  Rhule, as with most good coaches, is an honorable person, and Neb ought to honor their commitments.  And players reciprocate.  Lack of effort and or failure to be a good teammate, is the player’s’ responsibility.   Change is always unsettling but that’s life.  Cope or fail and let yourself and your team down.  Best to go elsewhere if your heart and mind are not in it.   

4 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I believe Rhule gave all the players the option to stay or go.  Some are leaving but doubt many are being pushed out.  Some well know they are backups at any rate so maybe they find a place with less competition (likely a lower level program or maybe a team with a critical need).  

This is the right way to do things.  Ethically imo.  Rhule, as with most good coaches, is an honorable person, and Neb ought to honor their commitments.  And players reciprocate.  Lack of effort and or failure to be a good teammate, is the player’s’ responsibility.   Change is always unsettling but that’s life.  Cope or fail and let yourself and your team down.  Best to go elsewhere if your heart and mind are not in it.   

I think he probably gave each player an option, but was upfront with them. Also, the staff as opted to not contact a few already committed recruits, thus, basically telling them to reopen their search. Yes, it is the right way to handle things, I agree wholeheartedly 

36 minutes ago, HANC said:

I expect, as most do, a lot more portal guys to exit because if you look at the number of guys that we have on scholly and look at the offers.... and we are still offering, some guys will be shown the door. Obviously, not all offers will end up here, but MR is looking to turn over the roster to some extent, as expected. Interested in some younger LB…Kpai and Malcom…. Are they expendable or do they fit the MR development type

Malcolm is a good kid, but he's never been D1 talent.  His HS produced nate maier who was an absolute beast in hs and played de for iowa.

This kid isn't or wasn't that.  When I saw he was going to be a mlb I knew it wasn't going to work. 

They either need to move him to an alley type player, because he's a good athlete...or let him go to uni or nwmsu and contribute.  Just my opinion

1 minute ago, Cobra Kai said:

Malcolm is a good kid, but he's never been D1 talent.  His HS produced nate maier who was an absolute beast in hs and played de for iowa.

This kid isn't or wasn't that.  When I saw he was going to be a mlb I knew it wasn't going to work. 

They either need to move him to an alley type player, because he's a good athlete...or let him go to uni or nwmsu and contribute.  Just my opinion

I don't know if he's got enough straight line speed, but his frame is ideal for the Rover in White's defense. 

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't know if he's got enough straight line speed, but his frame is ideal for the Rover in White's defense. 

He was 11.5ish in the 100m in HS.  He's just too small to play inside in the BIG.  Kid needs to play in space.  Same probably with Kpai.  They say he's smaller than Malcolm. 

I'm not trying to poo poo that kid, I know him and his family.  Good people.   I just think he and others got royally screwed by inept coaches/poor development over the past few years.

12 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

From someone who watched him play his entire high school career, I completely agree. He is a great athlete, who can probably find a place to play, just not at MLB. The previous staff has had him out of position since day one. I hope, the new staff will put him in space and let him be an athlete, because he’ll never have the size to play MLB. speed at linebacker will dictate the 335, So he can find a spot if allowed to. That is exactly why I threw his name out when referring to MR liking to develop players

• Plus1 1
  • NsideScoop changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23
  • Mavric unpinned this topic