Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Probably just saw how empty the room is and recognized they don't have to transfer for immediate playing time.

Plus they probably had a booster show up like this #NIL

image.png.0d212d16f076a3c4e98541983ff28f4f.png

I am glad they are staying and don't want to be negative.  Sipple said this morning on 1620 that Crawford is a LONG way from being a P5 wr.... not sure if it is due to his injury or other reasons.  Sip said that Crawford should not be a focal point of this staff.  Fairly harsh words from Sip regarding Crawford.  Said we needed to make sure we keep Washington and Brown and bring in guys who are ready to step in and play right now.  Keep Crawford as a guy you need to develop.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, HANC said:

I am glad they are staying and don't want to be negative.  Sipple said this morning on 1620 that Crawford is a LONG way from being a P5 wr.... not sure if it is due to his injury or other reasons.  Sip said that Crawford should not be a focal point of this staff.  Fairly harsh words from Sip regarding Crawford.  Said we needed to make sure we keep Washington and Brown and bring in guys who are ready to step in and play right now.  Keep Crawford as a guy you need to develop.

Sip is not one I would rely for recruiting / player advise.  Reporting yes, rating players no.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe he's hearing that from other experts and....reporting it.

I agree that Sip isn't an expert in any capacity, but I agree that he is hearing things and reporting them rather than making his own assessment. Sip is "somewhat" connected.  I definitely don't take his word as gospel.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, HANC said:

Wow, Sipple. That’s pretty cold. 

6 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yeah still same conference.  I wonder what led up to him transferring out and if he transferred there bc of lack of depth to play?

He most likely transferred out because his head coach, DC, and position coach were fired.  Those are who he had the relationships with.

He probably landed at Michigan because 1) he had a good game against them in November, so they showed him interest and 2) Michigan is one of the top 5-10 programs in college football right now.  When they come calling, that's going to get a kid's attention.

• Plus1 6
  • NsideScoop changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23
  • Mavric unpinned this topic