Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

He most likely transferred out because his head coach, DC, and position coach were fired.  That's who he had the relationships with.

He probably landed at Michigan because 1) he had a good game against them in November, so they showed him interest and 2) Michigan is one of the top 5-10 programs in college football right now.  When they come calling, that's going to get a kid's attention.

Which I understand I just hope that bc he transferred to a powerhouse that he doesn't get buried on the roster with better players.  You see that all the time especially at Alabama and other places. Yes they can bring in a whole lot of talent but kids want to play and not sit. Hope he made the right decision for himself.

• Plus1 1

I’m bored with who’s going where, so I’m going with a philosophical post.  

Random thought about transfers out of NU.  If I’m being completely honest, I couldn’t care less if they have success or not at their next destination. Not rooting against them or anything.  I just don’t care either way.  I’m here for Nebraska and our team.   I suspect most people here probably feel that way too, but feel the need to “wish them luck “.   Take AM for example, as good of a person he is, it sucks for him that he got hurt again, but after hearing about it the first time, I really haven’t given it a second thought ( until now I guess).   Anyone else feel this way?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, 307husker said:

At least it wasn't Iowa

yeah I cant fault the kid.  IF it was iowa it woulda hurt given the proximity, and meh vibe i get from ferentz and that program.  Michigan tho- looking like the new ohio st of th ebig 10, back to back titles and playoff appearances, top flight coach in any level of football, cant blame him at all for going that path given we've shown absolutely nothing the past 10 years here to defend ourselves.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He most likely transferred out because his head coach, DC, and position coach were fired.  Those are who he had the relationships with.

He probably landed at Michigan because 1) he had a good game against them in November, so they showed him interest and 2) Michigan is one of the top 5-10 programs in college football right now.  When they come calling, that's going to get a kid's attention.

Isn't Michigan one of the top 4 programs in college football right now?

• TBH 1
55 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Random thought about transfers out of NU.  If I’m being completely honest, I couldn’t care less if they have success or not at their next destination. Not rooting against them or anything.  I just don’t care either way.  I’m here for Nebraska and our team.   I suspect most people here probably feel that way too, but feel the need to “wish them luck “.   Take AM for example, as good of a person he is, it sucks for him that he got hurt again, but after hearing about it the first time, I really haven’t given it a second thought ( until now I guess).   Anyone else feel this way?

Yes.  It sucks losing Hausman.  But....now that he's there, I really don't care.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes.  It sucks losing Hausman.  But....now that he's there, I really don't care.

Exactly.  If Rhule and staff can coach, recruit and develop like we hope they can, we’ll be just fine with the players that want to be here.  If some player wants to leave, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

I can’t fault him for heading to a better team. But I’m not going to wish him well. Sort of hope he does get buried on the depth chart and I hope he sucks if/when the Huskers play Michigan. That’s today’s landscape, he owes us nothing so we owe him nothing. And he’s from my home town…

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Odd that you would click, let alone post, on a thread titled 'Arrival/Departure List'

Not really.  We are still interested in who is "arriving" and "departing".  But I think @Decoy73 , and others including myself, just don't care where the "departed" go.  Once they announce they are leaving, I couldn't care less where they go or how well they do.  And if they are on the Husker schedule, I hope they lose.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I can’t fault him for heading to a better team. But I’m not going to wish him well. Sort of hope he does get buried on the depth chart and I hope he sucks if/when the Huskers play Michigan. That’s today’s landscape, he owes us nothing so we owe him nothing. And he’s from my home town…

agreed, i said the same thing about 2AM at k state and got roasted for it but couldnt agree more with your stance.

Its like getting dumped by a girl and being happy she ended up with a guy the next day who's a millionaire, uber successful and better looking.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

agreed, i said the same thing about 2AM at k state and got roasted for it but couldnt agree more with your stance.

Its like getting dumped by a girl and being happy she ended up with a guy the next day who's a millionaire, uber successful and better looking.  

AM played for NU for 4 years. Played broken and beaten.  Played for the worst coach in NU history. I wanted him to succeed, get out and win a bowl game.  Hausmann gave us one year and flashed potential.  That's it.  The mere fact he played one year doesn't gain my loyalty.  

• Plus1 1
  • NsideScoop changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23
  • Mavric unpinned this topic