Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Good luck to Garrett. As Matt Millen would say like a thousand times kid has a motor, and it never turns off.  I would have liked to see him one more year as easily would be a defensive captain and improve his draft stock. 

Does he even get drafted?  That's the question he should be asking himself bc even JoJo didn't get drafted. Best of luck!!!!

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Does he even get drafted?  That's the question he should be asking himself bc even JoJo didn't get drafted. Best of luck!!!!

I think he's simultaneously in position that he's a mid-late round pick but probably wouldn't improve his draft stock with another year here. He's shown what he can do. 

He's given a lot to Nebraska and, frankly, cared more about the Program than his head coach. He's the only player that played with passion most of the time. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 1

I think he’ll get drafted as he was a Big 10 second teamer.  Not sure if anyone knows but I imagine first and second team all conference guys I think are pretty well drafted.  Not sure why peeps saying he wouldn’t benefit from another year as I think his stock would rise but it’s not 100% a certainty as anything can happen.  If the team improves he’d certainly benefit but I understand he’s in a good enough spot right now and has to consider a lot. Can’t blame him for striking while his iron is somewhat hot. I’d easily draft him over Mathis. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, chamrocck said:

I think he’ll get drafted as he was a Big 10 second teamer.  Not sure if anyone knows but I imagine first and second team all conference guys I think are pretty well drafted.  Not sure why peeps saying he wouldn’t benefit from another year as I think his stock would rise but it’s not 100% a certainty as anything can happen.  If the team improves he’d certainly benefit but I understand he’s in a good enough spot right now and has to consider a lot. Can’t blame him for striking while his iron is somewhat hot. I’d easily draft him over Mathis. 

Measurablea aren't going to help him.

Ochaun has a better chance of being drafted and he's a 5-7 round guy.  I put very little stock in him getting selected 

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

He's shown what he can do. 

I think that would be the case if there wasn’t a coaching change.  

If we think our coaching has improved along with our scheme, I don’t see why he wouldn’t have a chance to play better. Heck, just having some better players around him, could improve his own performance.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

I gotta think someone like Nelson does a bit of outreach to the draft analytics and coaching community to get a rough estimate of his draftability before making this announcement. If you even get some non-binding Priority Undrafted endorsements it would tempting to earn NFL practice squad coin next year rather than risk injury, demotion, or a lower profile on a better defense. 

Prefer he'd stay another year and think Nelson would be well-served on a better team with better coaching, but don't think there's much to read into this.

Honest question: for guys on this fringe, would a modest NIL package make the decision to stay easier, and wouldn't a Garrett Nelson get some local NIL love?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • NsideScoop changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23
  • Mavric unpinned this topic