Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

Sure I’ll miss some of these guys and I think some of them could still contribute but, based on these past years results, I don’t see how a lot of turnover is not a good thing. I’m hard pressed to name anyone we don’t have a very good chance to improve upon. Might be a few rough spots for one year but a big reset would seem to be warranted.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 3
10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Sure I’ll miss some of these guys and I think some of them could still contribute but, based on these past years results, I don’t see how a lot of turnover is not a good thing. I’m hard pressed to name anyone we don’t have a very good chance to improve upon. Might be a few rough spots for one year but a big reset would seem to be warranted.

I am with you. I have an itch that guys like Feist, and even Nelson (that'll get virtual tomatoes thrown at me), are being nudged out the door by the new staff to free up scholarships or playing time (yes I know Feist is a walk on).  If you get over your Nebraska kid fixation, we do in fact need better to compete in the Big Ten. Nelson's all conference selection was more of a nod to his career effort amidst a dumpster fire than actually being that quality. He isn't getting drafted, but I wish him well in life.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, runningblind said:

I am with you. I have an itch that guys like Feist, and even Nelson (that'll get virtual tomatoes thrown at me), are being nudged out the door by the new staff to free up scholarships.  If you get over your Nebraska kid fixation, we do in fact need better to compete in the Big Ten. Nelson's all conference selection was more of a nod to his career effort amidst a dumpster fire than actually being that quality. He isn't getting drafted, but I wish him well in life.

Yep, loved his heart and effort. But the few guys who did standout a bit benefited greatly from the overall general suckage.  I’ll trust Rhule with some pretty heavy turnover. It’s obviously needed.

19 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I am with you. I have an itch that guys like Feist, and even Nelson (that'll get virtual tomatoes thrown at me), are being nudged out the door by the new staff to free up scholarships or playing time (yes I know Feist is a walk on).  If you get over your Nebraska kid fixation, we do in fact need better to compete in the Big Ten. Nelson's all conference selection was more of a nod to his career effort amidst a dumpster fire than actually being that quality. He isn't getting drafted, but I wish him well in life.

This take is fine and all if there’s actual depth or young guys with promise behind them. Kind of problematic tho when that doesn’t exist and these 2 played a bunch because the cupboard is bare (the actual case).  Tuioti did a horrendous job building the d line room and unless we really hit on some transfers, are gonna see the s#!t impact for at least another year 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
8 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

This take is fine and all if there’s actual depth or young guys with promise behind them. Kind of problematic tho when that doesn’t exist and these 2 played a bunch because the cupboard is bare (the actual case).  Tuioti did a horrendous job building the d line room and unless we really hit on some transfers, are gonna see the s#!t impact for at least another year 

Spot on

32 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Guys like Feist and Nelson only had another year of eligibility because of the COVID year. In my opinion, they just aren’t choosing the use that extra year, and that’s totally fine. Unless a guy is getting crazy NIL $ (like Thompson), it’s probably good for these guys to move on with their lives when they reach 23-24 years old. 

They don't know the new staff...there are a ton of new players that they don't know yet.  I am sure CFB is way more fun when you are playing with some friends.

Feist has an insurance gig lined up...

• Plus1 3

The sad reality is this.  Every guy leaving was never part of a winning season.  Never made it to a bowl game and was part of the worst 5 year span in Husker history.  I think that some of our optics are skewed by having some of the guys mentioned as a "bright spot on a very dark stage.  Nelson specifically played his a$$ off.  All motor.  All the time.  But he was not a game changer.  In reality, if he was, we don't go 5-22 in one score games.  I liken this to Westerkamp.  One of our better receivers in the past 15 years and he didn't even get a look from the NFL.  He looked very good, based upon how he looked at NU.  He simply didn't measure up when compared with the metrics of other receivers.  Hopefully I am wrong and some of the guys declaring will succeed.  I am in the minority probably on this view, but echoing Deion to the guys at Colorado.  To paraphrase, y'all haven't been relevant in almost 2 decades.  That losing has been accepted.  Y'all were 1-11.  I'm bringing in my guys.....It was cold, heartless, ruthless, but ultimately true.  

I am sure Rhule is bringing in/trying to keep the guys who fit his scheme.  I'd guess there would be honest discussion with some guys who could be 6 year seniors.  Not going to flip the roster and the culture by keeping everyone.  I'm sure as much as he loved NU it was a very hard decision.  Best of luck to him and the others as they move on.  Fire away.

14 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Looks like Ajay Allen is returning, which is HUGE.

Boom.  Glad to see him staying!  

• Plus1 4
  • NsideScoop changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23
  • Mavric unpinned this topic