Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

The sad reality is this.  Every guy leaving was never part of a winning season.  Never made it to a bowl game and was part of the worst 5 year span in Husker history.  I think that some of our optics are skewed by having some of the guys mentioned as a "bright spot on a very dark stage.  Nelson specifically played his a$$ off.  All motor.  All the time.  But he was not a game changer.  In reality, if he was, we don't go 5-22 in one score games.  I liken this to Westerkamp.  One of our better receivers in the past 15 years and he didn't even get a look from the NFL.  He looked very good, based upon how he looked at NU.  He simply didn't measure up when compared with the metrics of other receivers.  Hopefully I am wrong and some of the guys declaring will succeed.  I am in the minority probably on this view, but echoing Deion to the guys at Colorado.  To paraphrase, y'all haven't been relevant in almost 2 decades.  That losing has been accepted.  Y'all were 1-11.  I'm bringing in my guys.....It was cold, heartless, ruthless, but ultimately true.  

I am sure Rhule is bringing in/trying to keep the guys who fit his scheme.  I'd guess there would be honest discussion with some guys who could be 6 year seniors.  Not going to flip the roster and the culture by keeping everyone.  I'm sure as much as he loved NU it was a very hard decision.  Best of luck to him and the others as they move on.  Fire away.

Boom.  Glad to see him staying!  

The fun thing about flipping the roster is just a few days ago, Rhule said every player on the team is his guy.

Maybe he meant when fall camp arrives?......

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

The fun thing about flipping the roster is just a few days ago, Rhule said every player on the team is his guy.

Why does Rhule saying that a few days ago make flipping the roster fun for you? Seems odd to get enjoyment out of that.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Or maybe— the rumors are straight BS? I can’t think of a reason why you would process a walk-on & Nelson who are key guys when you already have a paper thin DL. They just don’t make any sense when you use logic. 

• Plus1 7

1 hour ago, lo country said:

The sad reality is this.  Every guy leaving was never part of a winning season.  Never made it to a bowl game and was part of the worst 5 year span in Husker history.  I think that some of our optics are skewed by having some of the guys mentioned as a "bright spot on a very dark stage.  Nelson specifically played his a$$ off.  All motor.  All the time.  But he was not a game changer.  In reality, if he was, we don't go 5-22 in one score games.  I liken this to Westerkamp.  One of our better receivers in the past 15 years and he didn't even get a look from the NFL.  He looked very good, based upon how he looked at NU.  He simply didn't measure up when compared with the metrics of other receivers.  Hopefully I am wrong and some of the guys declaring will succeed.  I am in the minority probably on this view, but echoing Deion to the guys at Colorado.  To paraphrase, y'all haven't been relevant in almost 2 decades.  That losing has been accepted.  Y'all were 1-11.  I'm bringing in my guys.....It was cold, heartless, ruthless, but ultimately true.  

I am sure Rhule is bringing in/trying to keep the guys who fit his scheme.  I'd guess there would be honest discussion with some guys who could be 6 year seniors.  Not going to flip the roster and the culture by keeping everyone.  I'm sure as much as he loved NU it was a very hard decision.  Best of luck to him and the others as they move on.  Fire away.

Boom.  Glad to see him staying!  

I agree.  And it’s all fine and dandy….as long as we have guys that are better ready to fill those positions. If not, next year is going to be ugly.  

• NsideScoop changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23
  • Mavric unpinned this topic