Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

14 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What you guys are pointing out is that we have had guys on the team with talent, but they didn’t necessarily show that here. That’s because of coaching or scheme…..or both. 

We very well could have guys like that on the team right now. Hopefully, some of those are on the lines. 

Yep. We have/had plenty of players with talent but for numerous other reasons it was seldomly realized in a Husker uniform.

I like to think that the correct coaching, S&C, scheme/vision and development can/will reverse our fortunes. It’s a rebuild to be sure but, with the right approach, I’d say there is enough talent to show some immediate improvements. It just remains to be seen if Rhule can get the potential unlocked and undo some of the damage in year 1 or not.

22 minutes ago, M.A. said:

:dunno

Huh that's interesting for sure.  I honestly don't quite remember what led him to stepping away the first time.  Was it grades?  Loss of passion?  A combo of the two?  Something else?

Regardless, he's a talented kid so if he wants to take another whack at the CFB piñata, I hope it works out for him.  Except if it happens at Iowa or Colorado.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

Huh that's interesting for sure.  I honestly don't quite remember what led him to stepping away the first time.  Was it grades?  Loss of passion?  A combo of the two?  Something else?

Regardless, he's a talented kid so if he wants to take another whack at the CFB piñata, I hope it works out for him.  Except if it happens at Iowa or Colorado.

He's got talent and good speed. Was looking forward to seeing what he could've done last season. I think there was some team rule issues going on. Seemed that he'd lost his passion for the game or unwilling to make the necessary commitments. 

Wishing Zavier the best and that he accomplishes good things wherever he goes. 

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I thought it was passion and Coach Frost.

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Deion reaches out. 

Not trying to argue, but based on what, other than HS hype and a few flashes. It is a RISK. I was hoping he would pan out, but from the word go, I was pessimistic based on a lot of things pertaining to academic and attitude.  He could never grasp playbook and when MJ challenged his work ethic and want to, he went awol…. Kid can absolutely be a freak if he ever decides to put it together, but based on history, it will be a risky proposition. I am not bashing the kid, bc he has a ton of talent and maybe the pressure of his hype was too much. Just saying that if teams do their homework, they may not be running to his door.  With that said, watch him be an All American when he turns the corner 

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Agreed. Love that Josh Fleeks is all N and is going to share with the team his experience, reassurance, and success under Rhule’s way to play, act, and win. All you need is one spark to get a few others really bought in and then you have everyone believing.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

13 hours ago, JWHusker said:

Agreed. Love that Josh Fleeks is all N and is going to share with the team his experience, reassurance, and success under Rhule’s way to play, act, and win. All you need is one spark to get a few others really bought in and then you have everyone believing.

Yes- guys like him will changing that 'losing culture' to a 'winning culture' mindset quickly.  The more of these positive minded guys we get the better. It will help those who have suffered through poor coaching for these past number of years.  

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Wasn’t he caught with dope in his possession during the last few months? I sure hope he gets himself straightened out and on a better path…Seems like such a waist.

I didn't know that. If it was pot then it seems like a complete joke to me. I was wondering why our star receiver was suddenly deemed no good. What a waste.

• NsideScoop changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23
  • Mavric unpinned this topic