Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We will see if he follows through with the requirements of being a student athlete, on the field & in the classroom.  I hope so, but he has done very little to prove otherwise thus far. 

I hope he has his act together. He’s a good talent. But, the mental part has to be there to make it work. 

Mayne he’s matured. 

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We will see if he follows through with the requirements of being a student athlete, on the field & in the classroom.  I hope so, but he has done very little to prove otherwise thus far. 

Although I do understand what you are saying, if he has a real desire to play they will make his academic path easy to navigate I’m sure. He’ll be signed of for easy classes, give him tutors, etc. As long as he’s willing to put in a moderate amount of effort they’ll get him eligible. They did it before I don’t see why they can’t do it again.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
47 minutes ago, Farms said:

Although I do understand what you are saying, if he has a real desire to play they will make his academic path easy to navigate I’m sure. He’ll be signed of for easy classes, give him tutors, etc. As long as he’s willing to put in a moderate amount of effort they’ll get him eligible. They did it before I don’t see why they can’t do it again.

You are right. The hard part for kids with academic issues is getting into college/meeting those requirements. Once they get in, the schools do nearly whatever it takes for that player to keep eligibility. 

I have a feeling this staff is quite a bit more supportive of their student athletes than the last one. Perhaps Betts will really benefit from being led by adults. I am cautiously optimistic about him pulling it together. If so, our WR room is looking in decent shape with Betts, Washington, Kemp, Brown, Fleeks and maybe a surprise or two from the youths. 

• Plus1 2

I don't think most of us would disagree that ZB did not get the encouragement that he probably needed at the time to stay with football. He left in March and his former position coach had been fired. Mickey if I remember correctly was on a tough love crusade the first few months he was here. Certainly our current coaches will be tough on him on the field as they will be with all the players but these coaches are cut from a different cloth. I believe they will make every effort to see that he gets what he needs to succeed. The rest will be on him.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Kayvan said:

I have a feeling this staff is quite a bit more supportive of their student athletes than the last one. Perhaps Betts will really benefit from being led by adults. I am cautiously optimistic about him pulling it together. If so, our WR room is looking in decent shape with Betts, Washington, Kemp, Brown, Fleeks and maybe a surprise or two from the youths. 

Probably hard for a player to avoid  the party life when his coach is drunk and banging coeds.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • NsideScoop changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23
  • Mavric unpinned this topic