Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, they are still going after the Harris twins and Flores.

At this point it’s hard to decode. I think they are done at WR if they actually get back IGC. TE/OL have to be your priority I would think then. Can’t imagine how many other guys they would take. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think UNL starts classes next Monday (the 23rd) but I would imagine most schools are back in session already, so most transfers are getting back to school.

And winter conditioning has started this week 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think UNL starts classes next Monday (the 23rd) but I would imagine most schools are back in session already, so most transfers are getting back to school.

Maybe that's why we are seeing guys like IGC remove themselves from the portal.  He probably didn't get any takers at other programs so, might as well make sure he can stay here and start classes.

• TBH 1

Maybe that's why we are seeing guys like IGC remove themselves from the portal.  He probably didn't get any takers at other programs so, might as well make sure he can stay here and start classes.

Yep, he can go through Spring ball, see how well he meshes with the new staff, and see where he is on a potential depth chart, and then possibly go through the transfer portal in May.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

And Arik Gilbert.  I know recruiting guys from the transfer portal is tough when your trying to improve your lines that's why having Raiola develop and improve  our current guys is so vital to the teams success for the upcoming season.

I've said that for a long time.  Chances of completely remaking your O line from the portal is slim.  We have to develop the guys we have and recruit HS kids to come in.  Hopefully, another year with Raiola and help from other guys who have coached the O line on staff, can make enough difference to improve the line this year.

• Plus1 5
2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

You would think out of 130 programs some program reached out to him just probably didn't feel it was necessary to move on.

I think he has talent enough to contribute here.  But, how last year went, might have scared off P5 programs.  He probably could have moved down, but didn't want to.

I won't get too excited about him till I see him on the field in the fall contributing.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I think he has talent enough to contribute here.  But, how last year went, might have scared off P5 programs.  He probably could have moved down, but didn't want to.

I won't get too excited about him till I see him on the field in the fall contributing.

This is how I am with every transfer and recruit anymore.

• Plus1 1

Yeah same with Betts but Matt Rhule probably saw that they would make the team better by bringing them back instead of being a distraction and hindering the team.  Time will tell.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Yep.  I don't get too excited about any of them.  Find it interesting.  But....no need to get excited about any of them till there's a real reason to.

Could say the same about Matt Rhule and coaching but I tend to think positive and I think what he is doing and trying to do and who has he brought to the staff are all a step in the right direction.  I don't question transfer impacts I tend to question the coaches that should be putting them in the best position to succeed.  

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Could say the same about Matt Rhule and coaching but I tend to think positive and I think what he is doing and trying to do and who has he brought to the staff are all a step in the right direction.  I don't question transfer impacts I tend to question the coaches that should be putting them in the best position to succeed.  

So, you blame the coaches no matter what, and not the player.  Interesting.

4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

First of all, transfer players are a crap shoot.  We will see if he lives up to the hype in the fall.

Second....who knows what players will even be on the team come fall?

• Mavric unpinned this topic