Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

7 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

The 2 guys I could see leaving are Tommi Hill and Bonner.  Hill bc he came here as a db and switched position and doesn't have a definite role and Bonner bc maybe bc the whole reason why he came here in the first place MJ is gone.  From all accounts Bonner was on the brink of playing last year so if he tends to not feel that way with the addition of Betts and IGC he could feel like transferring out as well that can be another reason as well.

Things can always change, but Bonner indicated he's sticking around. Hill probably should have been a WR all along, but yeah wouldn't be shocked if he left. I am expecting Hardy and Jones to maybe be encouraged to move on. 

But I also don't think the crunch is that bad, even with Betts and IGC back. Palmer leaving opens a ton of snaps, and Martin/Manning were on the field quite a bit despite minimal production. So there are snaps to go around, and with Grimes/Crawford out less competition for them.

Having Betts and IGC come back will make the WR room feel like a Marvel movie: bringing back these old characters who appeared in prior episodes, to team up with the new characters for the final battle.

At some point late in the season when we really need a spark, Kenny Bell is going to walk through an interdimensional portal to tell us he still has some eligibility. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2

45 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Having Betts and IGC come back will make the WR room feel like a Marvel movie: bringing back these old characters who appeared in prior episodes, to team up with the new characters for the final battle.

At some point late in the season when we really need a spark, Kenny Bell is going to walk through an interdimensional portal to tell us he still has some eligibility. 

I won't be shocked if Betts and IGC come back and contribute at a good clip.  That would just further cement in my head how much Frost was a $&$*$&$*#* moron.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe that's why we are seeing guys like IGC remove themselves from the portal.  He probably didn't get any takers at other programs so, might as well make sure he can stay here and start classes.

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yep, he can go through Spring ball, see how well he meshes with the new staff, and see where he is on a potential depth chart, and then possibly go through the transfer portal in May.

I didn't think that is how the portal worked. Just because you don't get any takers or change your mind you can't automatically return to the team. Once in the portal you relinquish your scholly and the team is under no obligation to take you back. So if he is returning this would have had to have been worked out with Rhule's blessing. And if that is the case I'm pretty sure Rhule wants him on the team and not leave again in May.

This is good addition IMHO. He made a contribution last year before leaving and I think only played in 4 games so it should be his redshirt season. Whatever problem he and his family had with Joseph that caused him to leave in the first place must been personal and not extended to the program in general.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Bring Kenny Back!

Nebraska vs. Wisconsin: Kenny Bell takes out some ...

4 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I didn't think that is how the portal worked. Just because you don't get any takers or change your mind you can't automatically return to the team. Once in the portal you relinquish your scholly and the team is under no obligation to take you back.

The school has the right to cancel the scholly when the athlete enters the portal, It's not automatic. If Rhule has taken no action, the athlete's scholly is still being honored.

2 minutes ago, Ulty said:

No Way Home Spider Man No Way Home GIF - No Way Home Spider Man No Way Home  Andrew Garfield - Discover & Share GIFs

"In my universe, Bo is still the coach, and he is allowed to actually EAT one of the referees each week. Now tell me about your universe!"

In my universe the coach still wears bright red pants and is on his 10 NC.  Tom's All-American OL does all of the eating and majors on pancakes. 

179 Tom Osborne Nebraska Photos and Premium High Res ...

• Oh Yeah! 3

Instead of having the surprise of giving walk-ons a scholly it will be the, "come on down Bob!  You no longer have a scholarship!"

While I think the pendulum has swung too far towards the kids.  There are still those that will suffer from the current situation if they want to stay at those schools.  

The processing of kids will be interesting.

• Mavric unpinned this topic