Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

Were walk-ons not allotted the extra COVID year? Noticing Brody Belt and Ian Boerkircher amongst the names not on the roster today... could just be moving on, but this is such a fascinating time of the off-season. Some good walk-ons there!

3 minutes ago, DGNU said:

Were walk-ons not allotted the extra COVID year? Noticing Brody Belt and Ian Boerkircher amongst the names not on the roster today... could just be moving on, but this is such a fascinating time of the off-season. Some good walk-ons there!

Everyone got a COVID year.

• Thanks 1

Thanks- yeah, probably just decided to move on... some of these guys had nice walk-on careers. (I did just see an article about Boerkircher moving on... COVID adds an extra something to all of this. I remember being at NU as a 23 year old and thinking 'everyone looks really young!' on campus. Now we got 25/26 year old seniors, still on the football field!)

23 minutes ago, DGNU said:

Thanks- yeah, probably just decided to move on... some of these guys had nice walk-on careers. (I did just see an article about Boerkircher moving on... COVID adds an extra something to all of this. I remember being at NU as a 23 year old and thinking 'everyone looks really young!' on campus. Now we got 25/26 year old seniors, still on the football field!)

If a walk-on has graduated and not interested in paying for graduate classes to just to play football, I can totally understand that player moving on from the football team.  Plus, like you point out, eventually 23-24 year old men want to move on from being on campus with much younger students.

• Fire 2
  • Mavric unpinned this topic