Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

18 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

So, you guys that pay attention to scholly distribution (I never really have), what should those numbers look like considering our current situation?

Here’s my guess just based on the numbers.

QB 4 (-2)

RB 5 (-1)

WR 12 (-4)

TE 6 (-2)

OL 12 (-3)

DL 10 (-1)

Edge 4 (+1)

LB 8 (-2)

Nickel & DB 20 (-2)

K/P/LS 4 (-0)

I know this isn't exactly what you're asking about.  But, this is interesting too.

FnfOY97WIAMWdIq?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know this isn't exactly what you're asking about.  But, this is interesting too.

FnfOY97WIAMWdIq?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Thanks. It helps to see the distribution by class. It also sheds a little light on the positions Ruhle felt needed to be addressed. And it may just be off season Kool-Aid but it looks to me like he’s kept a spot clearly open to take a certain QB in the next class. :koolaid2:

These are all great- thanks for posting, BigRedBuster- but it is interesting that they're not trying to define defensive positions by the new 3-3-5. Wynn, Hutmacher, Jeudy at NT? Are our Edges DEs? Or OLBs? (Lenhart seems more Edge/OLB than DL, to me, too.) Henrich or Reimer or someone else as MLB? Wish there'd be a little a more breakdown in that way. But I've tried myself and it's hard!

2 minutes ago, DGNU said:

These are all great- thanks for posting, BigRedBuster- but it is interesting that they're not trying to define defensive positions by the new 3-3-5. Wynn, Hutmacher, Jeudy at NT? Are our Edges DEs? Or OLBs? (Lenhart seems more Edge/OLB than DL, to me, too.) Henrich or Reimer or someone else as MLB? Wish there'd be a little a more breakdown in that way. But I've tried myself and it's hard!

The chart isn't being produced by the football team or athletic department.  This is being done by some random guy on Twitter.  The random Twitter guy is still using the old position names.  I think that's fine because we haven't seen a go-forward depth chart or an indication of what the coaches are going to do on the defense.

• Fire 1

Yeah- all just prognostication from outsiders at this point. And you see plainly there's probably more attrition coming on the offensive side, though it sounds like Maciejczak will start out at DL... love it! Gonna spend all off-season trying to figure it out, damn it! (Am seeing some things off though... Castaneda returning as a Jr., right? And the Sr. #s are off... 6 + 14 does not equal 15! Yeah been trying to break this down but... and yeah someone pointed IGC out for 'em there. Borders, Gbayor, Malcolm, Kpai should be Soph.)

19 minutes ago, DGNU said:

Our DC has said that don't expect Nebraska to line up in 3-3-5 and stay there.  We will run a lot of 4-3..etc.  So, claiming positions based on one set up like 3-3-5 might be somewhat useless.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Scholarships # @ 85 does not mean player reduction.  I’d expect upper class level players to move from scholarship $ to NIL $.  Some will quit / move but it won’t be because they’re cut off from financial aid.  If they leave NU, it will be from choice of schools, etc. 

I think that's a fantasy that fans are formulating in their heads.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 7
  • Mavric unpinned this topic