Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Our DC has said that don't expect Nebraska to line up in 3-3-5 and stay there.  We will run a lot of 4-3..etc.  So, claiming positions based on one set up like 3-3-5 might be somewhat useless.

My expectation is that when the official roster gets updated it will mainly be DL and LB.  Perhaps they will still use an EDGE designation but I would guess not.  Based on nothing but that's just my feel to it.

But I haven't updated my own list until I see what they do.  And I'm not necessarily expecting them to make major changes until at least when spring practices start and possibly not until after spring ball.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Unless you have a some kind of story.  Maybe a Damion Jackson type.

Well sure, some NIL $$s are fine for all players on the team but some are proposing full blown NIL deals in place of a scholarship. I think that’s a little goofy. There may be an exception or two along the way but it shouldn’t be a normal occurrence. NIL dollars have their limit just like schollies do.

• Plus1 1

Your returning players, especially third year on up, are on scholarships and will take hefty NiL $ to keep.  The new recruits (4 stars or better which is what everyone wants) will require big NIL $ and initially a scholarship too.  Ultimately it costs the Ath Dept more to give scholarships.  NIL money doesn’t cost NU anything so long as the donors are plentiful and have the money to spend.  

There is a limit on $ but it’s got to be in the $15 to $20 million per year on NIL.  

110 players @ $100,000 per year = $11,000,000

Thats about right with bigger bucks to the highly sought after ones that that u desperately need.  

Is it sustainable?  Idk. Depends how many big $ boosters want to spend their money buying football players.  In the short term, say 5-7 years, perhaps it’s doable, but long term, the real winning has to be there.  Thus, Rhule is the final answer for Nebraska, sink or swim, it’s all come down to The Rhuler.  He either gets us back to perennial power or he doesn’t.  The NIL well will have run dry without the glory returned. That winning is where the long term $$$ is sourced. Higher game ticket $. Ultimately, the NIL collective will need to tap the fan base for annual donations.  Priority seating etc will come down to how much a ticket holder will give to the collectives to buy players. 

5 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Your returning players, especially third year on up, are on scholarships and will take hefty NiL $ to keep.  The new recruits (4 stars or better which is what everyone wants) will require big NIL $ and initially a scholarship too.  Ultimately it costs the Ath Dept more to give scholarships.  NIL money doesn’t cost NU anything so long as the donors are plentiful and have the money to spend.  

There is a limit on $ but it’s got to be in the $15 to $20 million per year on NIL.  

110 players @ $100,000 per year = $11,000,000

Thats about right with bigger bucks to the highly sought after ones that that u desperately need.  

Is it sustainable?  Idk. Depends how many big $ boosters want to spend their money buying football players.  In the short term, say 5-7 years, perhaps it’s doable, but long term, the real winning has to be there.  Thus, Rhule is the final answer for Nebraska, sink or swim, it’s all come down to The Rhuler.  He either gets us back to perennial power or he doesn’t.  The NIL well will have run dry without the glory returned. That winning is where the long term $$$ is sourced. Higher game ticket $. Ultimately, the NIL collective will need to tap the fan base for annual donations.  Priority seating etc will come down to how much a ticket holder will give to the collectives to buy players. 

Rhule is not the last coach that will ever have a chance to win at Nebraska.  

9 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:
  1. Tommi Hill
  2. Tamon Lynum
  3. Richard Torres
  4. Logan Smothers
  5. DeShon Singleton
  6. Braxton Clark
  7. Tyreke Johnson
  8. Noa Pola-Gates
  9. Emmet Johnson
  10. Javier Morton
  11. Garrett Snodgrass
  12. Seth Malcom
  13. Shawn Hardy
  14. Chris Hickman
  15. Brodie Tagaloa
  16. Victor Jones
  17. Janiran Bonner
  18. Zavier Betts or IGC

I did a similar exercise in my head last week and had around 15 of the names you listed.

18 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:
  1. Tommi Hill
  2. Tamon Lynum
  3. Richard Torres
  4. Logan Smothers
  5. DeShon Singleton
  6. Braxton Clark
  7. Tyreke Johnson
  8. Noa Pola-Gates
  9. Emmet Johnson
  10. Javier Morton
  11. Garrett Snodgrass
  12. Seth Malcom
  13. Shawn Hardy
  14. Chris Hickman
  15. Brodie Tagaloa
  16. Victor Jones
  17. Janiran Bonner
  18. Zavier Betts or IGC

I don’t see Snodgrass leaving. Need depth there. 

48 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:
  1. Tommi Hill
  2. Tamon Lynum
  3. Richard Torres
  4. Logan Smothers
  5. DeShon Singleton
  6. Braxton Clark
  7. Tyreke Johnson
  8. Noa Pola-Gates
  9. Emmet Johnson
  10. Javier Morton
  11. Garrett Snodgrass
  12. Seth Malcom
  13. Shawn Hardy
  14. Chris Hickman
  15. Brodie Tagaloa
  16. Victor Jones
  17. Janiran Bonner
  18. Zavier Betts or IG

I think Rahmir Johnson leaves bc their isn't a clear role for him but I can't speculate on who else leaving.  I wonder if Jimari Butler leaves after the spring bc of putting his name into the portal before and then withdrawing?  I hope Janiran Bonner stays bc he is going to be a stud eventually.

31 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think Rahmir Johnson leaves bc their isn't a clear role for him but I can't speculate on who else leaving.  I wonder if Jimari Butler leaves after the spring bc of putting his name into the portal before and then withdrawing?  I hope Janiran Bonner stays bc he is going to be a stud eventually.

Rahmir is an east coast kid and has speed (two things this staff recruited). He stay may leave but I think he can bring value to this team. 

• Plus1 1
On 1/29/2023 at 8:55 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Rhule is not the last coach that will ever have a chance to win at Nebraska.  

Maybe but very very slim chances if Rhule fails. He won’t so we will know our answer.  But NU is at or near the end of the losing line.  You can’t spend a decade at 3-4 wins a year and turn things around without big $$. That will dry up over a generation.  We will be there soon. 

• Mavric unpinned this topic