Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Maybe but very very slim chances if Rhule fails. He won’t so we will know our answer.  But NU is at or near the end of the losing line.  You can’t spend a decade at 3-4 wins a year and turn things around without big $$. That will dry up over a generation.  We will be there soon. 

No.

If Rhule fails, we will go spend a ton of money on the next staff and eventually, one will start winning again.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2

24 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Why will it cost $150 million for a new coaching staff?  Also, the new Big Ten TV contract is poised to net each Big Ten team $100M per year.  That's a good start on paying a potential coaching staff (if Rhule fails).

We will lose a bunch on 3-4 more losing seasons to start.  We have a big chunk to remake a stadium. Still need $40 million to finish current project. Firing the current staff will be another big chunk. Hiring the next crew will be much harder and higher $.  $150 million probably low.  

We are spending most of the Big Ten bucks already.  

• Haha 1

Neb grosses $100 million from Big Ten. Not nets that. That # is about $25 million more than the old figure. Inflation of 9% a year eats that up in just a couple years. Tickets are hard to move now. The stadium project will be huge $150 million? Maybe. 

Money doesn’t grow on trees. Scholarships. School expenses. Other sports. Etc etc. 

Rhule is on an 8 year deal. He is here for atleast 5 like Frost, no matter how losses we suffer.  

17 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

We will lose a bunch on 3-4 more losing seasons to start.  We have a big chunk to remake a stadium. Still need $40 million to finish current project. Firing the current staff will be another big chunk. Hiring the next crew will be much harder and higher $.  $150 million probably low.  

We are spending most of the Big Ten bucks already.  

"Most" is pretty open to interpretation.

The football program netted a $64M profit in FY2021.  That was 67% of gross revenue.

That doesn't seem like "most" to me.  Also, that's a 2.5 year payback on $150M (which I don't think is a legitimate number for what you're trying to do).

In short: No.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

"Most" is pretty open to interpretation.

The football program netted a $64M profit in FY2021.  That was 67% of gross revenue.

That doesn't seem like "most" to me.  Also, that's a 2.5 year payback on $150M (which I don't think is a legitimate number for what you're trying to do).

In short: No.

The Ath Dept nets is much lower.  Perhaps $20 mill.  Last numbers I saw. 

24 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand Nebraska gets alot of revenue from the Big 10 but what I think 84HuskerLaw is trying to say is what happens if Nebraska loses the next 3-4 seasons and loses the fans support in the process? Could they still keep spending without the fans support?  Not only does Nebraska rely on the Big 10 money but also the fans as well.

Alarmists have been claiming fan support will decline and the end of the sellout streak is imminent for about 20 years now. Me thinks it ain’t happening. :dunno

• TBH 3
  • Mavric unpinned this topic