Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Alarmists have been claiming fan support will decline and the end of the sellout streak is imminent for about 20 years now. Me thinks it ain’t happening. :dunno

Really? I don't think I've heard that talk for the last 20 years but will say that talk as picked up steam when the previous staff was around plus having radio stations promoting stopping the sellout streak.  All that talk certainly doesn't help.

• Haha 3
16 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Really? I don't think I've heard that talk for the last 20 years but will say that talk as picked up steam when the previous staff was around plus having radio stations promoting stopping the sellout streak.  All that talk certainly doesn't help.

Fan support survived Callahan, the waning days of the Pelini era, Mike Riley and Frost. I don’t think we need to worry about it disappearing on Rhule’s watch. Now if he fails miserably (not gonna happen) and the next hire is a complete dog, well, then maybe we can talk.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Anyone else remember people saying 5 years ago that if Frost can't turn it around we are done for good and will never recover?

Dang it...that's right.  That means Rhule is a failure already and we just need to realize it and accept our place in college football.  

We might need to move down to FCS.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

Anyone else remember people saying 5 years ago that if Frost can't turn it around we are done for good and will never recover?

That was me, and I really felt it too :( so I am guilty of that 

(although I never said it on the board, and only to myself internally and to my close peeps.  But it's still the same thing)

I even felt it again the day he got fired :(

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Alarmists have been claiming fan support will decline and the end of the sellout streak is imminent for about 20 years now. Me thinks it ain’t happening. :dunno

Didn't we have boosters buy out empty seats to maintain the streak over the last two years?

An artificial dump to keep a "differentiator" alive.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

10 hours ago, runningblind said:

Rhule might get it done, I like him. All of you saying winning will definitely happen again, and fan support is an unlimited pool that will never run dry should think twice about speaking in absolutes.  Nothing is certain, and nothing lasts forever.  To declare otherwise is folly.

True, but it's equal folly to be certain that if Rhule doesn't win the program is doomed.

• Plus1 3
11 hours ago, runningblind said:

Rhule might get it done, I like him. All of you saying winning will definitely happen again, and fan support is an unlimited pool that will never run dry should think twice about speaking in absolutes.  Nothing is certain, and nothing lasts forever.  To declare otherwise is folly.

Yet here you are, speaking in absolutes. ;)

• TBH 2
  • Mavric unpinned this topic