Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

17 hours ago, Decked said:

Don’t think we are gonna have much trouble cutting some guys. Plus some will leave that we will want. 

Plus, Rhule has the opportunity to put players on scholarship to finish up their academic work at UNL, while removing the players from the official roster and counting against the 85 scholarship limit.  These players can stay at UNL, or move onto another school if they still want to play football.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Plus, Rhule has the opportunity to put players on scholarship to finish up their academic work at UNL, while removing the players from the official roster and counting against the 85 scholarship limit.  These players can stay at UNL, or move onto another school if they still want to play football.

Does this happen?  I always wondered if it was on the table.

3 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Does this happen?  I always wondered if it was on the table.

Earlier in this thread, I posted a link to an OWH article from earlier this week.  There is a bylaw from the NCAA which allows for new coaches at a school to keep players on scholarship to cover their academics, but can "cut" them from being on the team.  This bylaw is available for Rhule this year.  The article mentioned this bylaw being used by numerous coaches in recent years to get down to the necessary scholarship level.

• Plus1 6

47 minutes ago, Decked said:

Would’ve been nice as a depth piece/return man. 

I think it was stated that he had some family issues that caused him to be away from the team. But we do have to trim the roster so the easiest place to start is with a guy who hasn’t been here. If Rhule likes our depth at the receiver position he may have encouraged him to move on. 

• Mavric unpinned this topic