Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Honestly thought Purdy would be the first one out the door. 

The only reason I could think Purdy would stick around is that he used his "free transfer" to come to NU.  Although I don't think he would have much of an issue getting a waiver from the NCAA to not lose a year of eligibility.  He also can transfer to a FCS-level school, and not lose any years.

• Fire 1

The backups behind Sims didn't look the part.  I hope CT heals up well and can play at his top level come this fall.   Looking down the road a year, besides Dylan R, who is in the recruiting mix that can shore up what was a full QB room and add quality?  

• Plus1 2

I understand that 6 scholarship QBs is probably too many.  But, it's also a room that I really don't want to lose too many.  So, if Smothers goes, we have:

Sims

Thompson

Haarberg

Purdy

Would really hate to go much lower than this, especially when we seem to be losing out on our top (and only) QB recruit for next year.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I understand that 6 scholarship QBs is probably too many.  But, it's also a room that I really don't want to lose too many.  So, if Smothers goes, we have:

Sims

Thompson

Haarberg

Purdy

Would really hate to go much lower than this, especially when we seem to be losing out on our top (and only) QB recruit for next year.

So there isn't a Plan B?

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sims

Thompson

Haarberg

Purdy

That's a pretty normal place to be, although ideally we'd have a freshman QB in there as well. We'll sign somebody this year (probably not Raiola), and if push comes to shove there's the portal. The list above is honestly way more depth than a lot of places have. Sure you wouldn't love to see Purdy out there, but if he's the 3rd option and has actually played some that's not so bad. I also thought he was just finally coming around last year when he got hurt, you could do a lot worse as a third option.

2 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I'd rather see Smothers stick around. While the coaches have talked Haarberg up I've seen nothing on the field from him to back it up.

I agree.  I was one of those who thought he would stay around at the end of last season.  

21 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The only reason I could think Purdy would stick around is that he used his "free transfer" to come to NU.  Although I don't think he would have much of an issue getting a waiver from the NCAA to not lose a year of eligibility.  He also can transfer to a FCS-level school, and not lose any years.

He's going to be a Sophmore this year, right? Might be an ideal candidate to go spend a developmental year at a Juco and see where he can land afterwards. 

• Mavric unpinned this topic