Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

57 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I missed this when if was posted in March. After watching this video clip of Allen getting booted from a RB drill I have to think this isn't exactly the kind of effort HCMRh is looking for in his players. His entering the portal today seems to make more sense.

People got blasted for calling this out or making a bigger deal of it than they thought deserved.  I was in the camp it was a sign he wasn't going to be 1st string...too many mocked that position.

And here we are.  Now those people will disassociate the symptom (video) from a root cause (lazy/low drive) and him leaving (outcome).  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

That's just 1 clip.  Who knows if effort was an issue.

He was getting yelled at from the coach to hurry/pick it up and changed his pace by zero percent.  Very low chance this was the lone outlier experience coaches had with his work ethic.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
25 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

That's just 1 clip.  Who knows if effort was an issue.

Yes it had to be bc you expect 100% effort in practice and in games from our players.  I'm not saying that was or is the whole reason as to why he decided to transfer but bc his effort wasn't all the way in practice there were obviously issues behind the scenes.  It could be any of these numerous reasons that he just didn't click with his new coaches, he's home sick, he didn't like the offense that was presented or he was behind the other rb's on the roster after the spring practices  :dunno.  Who knows why but the thing that matters is other then Grant I don't believe in any of the running backs we have rn.  I hear a lot of husker fans say that Ervin is the most complete back we have rn but I don't see that at all.  

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Maybe, there was only 1 clip.   I still think he was #3, which was more of a reason.

There’s a reason behind him being number 3. This staff is not arbitrary. With his talent, laziness wouldn’t surprise me as the prominent issue. 

• Plus1 1

It appears the current staff was pretty happy with current roster of tail backs.  They recruited/signed only one guy, a high school kid that arrives this summer/fall.  From all reports and comments, each one had done fairly well.  I have not seen much about the coaches looking for more transfers to help immediately anyway.  

Maybe, 4 scholarships to that spot is adequate?   Time will tell.  I’d guess they hoped all would stay and vie for snaps.  I’d expect at least 3 will get playing opportunities and the chance to become the dominant guy but that may not ever happen.  Multiple guys should be the norm, as it typically has for years.  

Allen is from Louisiana so the chance to go home probably sounds good to him. A broken collar bone didn’t help him either but he’s had time to reflect.   I hope he decides to stay but if not, so be it. Good luck to all concerned. 

2 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

There’s a reason behind him being number 3. This staff is not arbitrary. With his talent, laziness wouldn’t surprise me as the prominent issue. 

It’s important to remember that Allen was thought to be transferring last fall not long after he suffered his broken collarbone. He eventually stayed, but perhaps everyone should have seen the writing on the wall.  The kid was not happy here!

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It’s important to remember that Allen was thought to be transferring last fall not long after he suffered his broken collarbone. He eventually stayed, but perhaps everyone should have seen the writing on the wall.  The kid was not happy here!

Plus, Allen was a later commit out of high school when Applewhite joined the staff.  Allen was close with Applewhite, so once Applewhite was gone, there was another reason for Allen to think about transferring.  This type of stuff happens with coaching changes, and even happens with teams who don't have coaching changes.

• Plus1 4
  • Mavric unpinned this topic