Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

1 hour ago, Caveman said:

Any insight with regards to Allen? Was it talent or effort?

I have no inside info but IMHO it was effort/attitude. After seeing the video that was posted where Allen totally ignored his position coach during a drill in spring ball and was subsequently kicked out of the drill the writing was on the wall. Allen came here because of Applewhite and apparently didn't mesh well with the new staff. The lack of mentions from the coaches while others were praised kind of raised a red flag to me.

37 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Mama Gates not holding back: 

Sounds like a classic case of guy thinks he is better than he really is. Maybe there were some promises being thrown around that never got met but the reality is he just never played up to par. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 1

@Decked The thing is, no one in the Frost era really played up to par. It's a pattern far beyond just a couple guys - during the Frost era, we were dead last among P5 schools at rate of turning 4-star+ guys into draft picks. Frost was fine at recruiting talent, but he was shockingly bad at player development. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to think that NPG - and any number of other Frost players - might have blossomed under other coaches.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 5
21 minutes ago, Decked said:

Sounds like a classic case of guy thinks he is better than he really is. Maybe there were some promises being thrown around that never got met but the reality is he just never played up to par. 

Agree.  Tweener type kid.  Didnt seem to have the cover skills as a corner.  Didnt seem to have the size and physicality of a safety. At the end of the day if the kid could play he would have seen the field.  He played for a 4 win big ten west team.  

1 hour ago, Toe said:

@Decked The thing is, no one in the Frost era really played up to par. It's a pattern far beyond just a couple guys - during the Frost era, we were dead last among P5 schools at rate of turning 4-star+ guys into draft picks. Frost was fine at recruiting talent, but he was shockingly bad at player development. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to think that NPG - and any number of other Frost players - might have blossomed under other coaches.

Maybe. But he also didn’t show anything this semester either. 

• Mavric unpinned this topic