Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Probably Fidone (if he sticks around) and Boerkircher.

If I were in charge I would say that NU needs to get 2 portal TEs, one that can start and one that is more of a younger guy/project.

Thanks.  I think that Nebraska hasn't really added a ton of guys from the transfer portal this year yet or don't know if they planned too.  Haven't really heard of a ton of offers go out on the offense side of the ball other then tackle or qb. 

7 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Thanks.  I think that Nebraska hasn't really added a ton of guys from the transfer portal this year yet or don't know if they planned too.  Haven't really heard of a ton of offers go out on the offense side of the ball other then tackle or qb. 

isn’t the deadline for this weeks away?

also, I don’t think these offers get the same attention that hs recruits get.

how many players do you think we should take from the portal? I would bet it is more than 5.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, macroboy said:

isn’t the deadline for this weeks away?

also, I don’t think these offers get the same attention that hs recruits get.

how many players do you think we should take from the portal? I would bet it is more than 5.

Well I'd add about 10 or more transfer guys at certain positions. Wr, Te, O-line and D-line bc clearly we are lacking in developing the guys we have now on the team other wise we could say such and such is clearly the starter.  Yes Marcus Washington is the starter coming back but didn't get much production out of him as a playmaker and not much help after him.

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well I'd add about 10 or more transfer guys at certain positions. Wr, Te, O-line and D-line bc clearly we are lacking in developing the guys we have now on the team other wise we could say such and such is clearly the starter.  Yes Marcus Washington is the starter coming back but didn't get much production out of him as a playmaker and not much help after him.

Transfers are coming. Patience, grasshopper. 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
34 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think my original number of 5 is on the low side. My bigger point was this is not the time to be worried about that bc we don’t actually see what is happening on that front as much, and the deadline is still weeks away.

I may miss some. But last year we added 1 qb, Grant, 3 wr?, 2 invisible OL, Ochaun,  Drew, another DT whose name eludes me…were there some DB’s? Who else am I forgetting?

We def got some good production from a few but it’s 50/50 at best I think.

2 minutes ago, macroboy said:

We def got some good production from a few but it’s 50/50 at best I think.

50/50 via the transfer portal was way above Frost's general 20/80 actual program development .. I think NU was largely a place athletes were tricked into coming so that their careers could die. Hopefully all those numbers for solid contributors continues to increase to more normal P5 levels under Rhule. 

• TBH 1

• NsideScoop changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23
  • Mavric unpinned this topic