Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

There’s ugly, then there’s really ugly. 

Really ugly was the whole Frost era.  Husker nation should file a class action lawsuit against him for appearing like he didn't even give a s#!t.  Spent more time being drunk, stupid and whoring around.  Hell, if we would have had someone who gave a crap, we would have been to a bowl game.  Heck, a trained monkey could have done a better job.

• TBH 5

Just now, Crusader Husker said:

Really ugly was the whole Frost era.  Husker nation should file a class action lawsuit against him for appearing like he didn't even give a s#!t.  Spent more time being drunk, stupid and whoring around.  Hell, if we would have had someone who gave a crap, we would have been to a bowl game.  A trained monkey could have done a better job.

Really ugly was the whole Frost era.  Husker nation should file a class action lawsuit against him for appearing like he didn't even give a s#!t.  Spent more time being drunk, stupid and whoring around.  Hell, if we would have had someone who gave a crap, we would have been to a bowl game.  A trained monkey could have done a better job.

I get it

I get it

I get it. 

But, believe me, it could actually get worse. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Really ugly was the whole Frost era.  Husker nation should file a class action lawsuit against him for appearing like he didn't even give a s#!t.  Spent more time being drunk, stupid and whoring around.  Hell, if we would have had someone who gave a crap, we would have been to a bowl game.  Heck, a trained monkey could have done a better job.

Last time that was said 9 wins became hard to come by.

• TBH 2

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I get it

I get it

I get it. 

But, believe me, it could actually get worse. 

Oh for sure. If Nebraska has done nothing else over the last 8-9 years they have proven things can always get worse. I’m not buying it any more but I’ve been wrong many times so….

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, Crusader Husker said:

Our biggest issue has been development.  I feel that will change.

Yep….me too.  But, have to have the guys to develop.  

This is why I said earlier that, if we really have better coaching and a better scheme, good chance Nelson could be better next year. We need better than him ultimately….but, until we have that, kind of wish our better players wouldn’t leave.  

Hopefully, Jeudy and Borders fill some spots.  And….go get more.  

• Plus1 1

There is probably a good chance that Rhule and the coaching staff knew early on that Nelson and Feist weren’t coming back in 2023. That’s probably why the coaching staff went hard for replacements in the transfer portal (and will continue to do so). Once a guy has thought about not coming back to his team, he might as well leave school. Plus, being home for the past 2 weeks probably cemented that feeling.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree.  And it’s all fine and dandy….as long as we have guys that are better ready to fill those positions. If not, next year is going to be ugly.  

I am hoping that a new scheme might balance out losing some guys.  Maybe not the best suited to whatever Rhule and Co planned to run.  If he can develop as advertised, I am cautiously optimistic.  If not, then I agree it could get ugly.

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Are you putting Rhule on the clock before he's even played a game? 

No kidding.  People need to chill the eff out.  I have said this is a long re-build, which can be sped up a tad through the transfer portal, but long-term, consistent programs are built through high school recruiting and development, not the transfer portal.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 4
  • NsideScoop changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23
  • Mavric unpinned this topic