Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

3 hours ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

I don't think either fit.   If Nelson was from any of the other 49 states no one would give a rats butt that he is moving on from the program.  

I mean ... he was second-team all-conference.

In case you haven't noticed we haven't exactly had those guys growing on trees lately.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3

2 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

I never thought Nelson would stay. Why hang around for the first year of a rebuild and risk hurting your draft stock or getting injured. He got 2nd team All BIG honors and will get a nice paycheck for the next few years as a likely middle round pick. I would’ve scratched my head if he came back honestly 

Nelson isn’t getting drafted, but it’s worth him giving it a try. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

35 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Im with ColoradHusk. He played edge or rush end for us but more then likely NFL teams will want him as a linebacker.  He lacks cover skills as a linebacker and is a considered a tweener for rush end.  But what do I know I thought JoJo was going to get drafted nope:dunno

Yeah definitely no way he plays edge in the league I agree. But I could see him being converted into like a Robert Spillane type at some point or a special teams contributor somewhere as an UDFA but who knows. I certainly wish him the best. Seems like a good kid

1 hour ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

Everyone did. He had a third-round grade and was listed as the best player available on ESPN for the last four rounds. Good thing the Colts picked him up as he had a TD for them against the Vikings.

True but that just goes to show you that what we all thought was going to happen didn't and maybe a NFL team might take a chance on him.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Yeah definitely no way he plays edge in the league I agree. But I could see him being converted into like a Robert Spillane type at some point or a special teams contributor somewhere as an UDFA but who knows. I certainly wish him the best. Seems like a good kid

So you go from expecting Nelson to be drafted in the middle rounds to being an UDFA in a matter of a few posts. I don’t expect Nelson to be drafted, but he could end up making a roster or practice squad because of his experience in special teams. 

• TBH 2
  • NsideScoop changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23
  • Mavric unpinned this topic