Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep.

And, this is just another reason why I don't see Betts as an option.  We already need to get rid of quite a few guys.  Bringing him in would just add to that.

I also don't think he's coming back. But he would be easily the second most physically talented WR in the room (Coleman), and one of the more physically talented guys on the team as a whole. If they think he's in a good place mentally and legally he's not the type of guy you encourage to move on. Lots of other receivers with less production and much, much less upside that could be nudged towards moving on.

I recognize that is a massive 'if' though, and that's why it's probably not happening.

• Plus1 1

On 1/11/2023 at 9:14 PM, Decked said:

He was slated to play until injury. I remember the opposite.

247 guys basically said this wasn’t gonna happen 

If you read my entire post, I said it could be DUE to injury. Regardless, media Callahan and Schaefer had said he was a long ways away from being a Power 5 contributor… said this on air as he as rumors ran about him withdrawing from portal. 

• Plus1 1

Word is Betts was planning to take a visit to Pittsburgh when Rhule reached out to him.  There have definitely been discussions between the two sides and it sounds like there is a decent chance he does rejoin the team.

But there are also a lot of questions still.  Would he be on scholarship?  Where is he academically with the University?

But it sounds like they are working on him.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is Betts was planning to take a visit to Pittsburgh when Rhule reached out to him.  There have definitely been discussions between the two sides and it sounds like there is a decent chance he does rejoin the team.

But there are also a lot of questions still.  Would he be on scholarship?  Where is he academically with the University?

But it sounds like they are working on him.

If he is good to rock and roll he is an amazing talent. Would be a massive shot in the arm. Two years of eligibility left? 3? Interesting stuff. 

9 minutes ago, Decked said:

If he is good to rock and roll he is an amazing talent. Would be a massive shot in the arm. Two years of eligibility left? 3? Interesting stuff. 

I believe he would still have three years left.  2020 didn't count.  Played in 2021.  2022 would basically be a redshirt year.  So 3-for-3.

20 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I believe he would still have three years left.  2020 didn't count.  Played in 2021.  2022 would basically be a redshirt year.  So 3-for-3.

So Betts would be an 'arrival, departure, arrival' guy:blink:   

I hope they can work it out to get him back on the roster.  He was / is an amazing talent.  Hopefully he is still in football shape. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Decked said:

:dunno 

I saw a young player that looked like a backup/rotation guy with potential down the road.  I'm all for 2nd chances - even if you quit or get kicked off the team - but I'm not excited about him in the mix either way.  At some point I released and moved on, I guess.  I agree it's sorta interesting.  

• Plus1 1
  • NsideScoop changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23
  • Mavric unpinned this topic