Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

Few tidbits:

Noticed that Kaine Williams was moved to Linebacker.

Some didn't know but MJ Sherman and Ben Scott are both juniors (not SRs). 

Even though Arik Gilbert is on his third school he is only a sophomore.

We are pretty young from kids starting standpoint. Currently 4 offensive SRs and 3 defensive SRs that are projected to start. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

On 3/31/2023 at 10:05 AM, BIG ERN said:

Few tidbits:

Noticed that Kaine Williams was moved to Linebacker.

Some didn't know but MJ Sherman and Ben Scott are both juniors (not SRs). 

Even though Arik Gilbert is on his third school he is only a sophomore.

We are pretty young from kids starting standpoint. Currently 4 offensive SRs and 3 defensive SRs that are projected to start. 

The transfer portal has added a definite new retention dimension to the former world of graduating and the draft.  Hoping Rhule's cultural shifts attract, and retain, these younger players.  

I also like Rhule's voice on moving players where they have a shot to play more and possibly make the NFL.  I'm not sure Frost eval'ed too much in that regards.  Cam J comes to mind with Scott's doggedness on his athleticism at Center.  So an exception.  Seems to be Rhule's norm.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

45 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Nebraska is currently 14 over and the portal opens this Saturday....gonna be a fun weekend. IMO we still need to add an OL, DL and ILB from the portal. 

Don’t think we are gonna have much trouble cutting some guys. Plus some will leave that we will want. 

On 4/10/2023 at 4:26 PM, Toe said:

Transfer portal window opens on Saturday, who you got on your departures list?

Janiran Bonner, Richard Torres, Kaine Williams, Noa Pola-Gates, Ajay Allen, Randolph Kpai, Garret Snodgrass, Shawn Hardy, Victor Jones, Seth Malcom, Taymon Lynum, Mikai Gbayor, Javier Morton, DeShon Singleton.  I think that gets to the 85.  

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Janiran Bonner, Richard Torres, Kaine Williams, Noa Pola-Gates, Ajay Allen, Randolph Kpai, Garret Snodgrass, Shawn Hardy, Victor Jones, Seth Malcom, Taymon Lynum, Mikai Gbayor, Javier Morton, DeShon Singleton.  I think that gets to the 85.  

Bonner and Allen would be missed. I don’t see Snodgrass leaving. 

I could add: Jalil Martin, Tagaloa, & Buckley. Plus 2/4 of either Thompson, Smothers, Torres, & Purdy. 

55 minutes ago, Decked said:

Bonner and Allen would be missed. I don’t see Snodgrass leaving. 

I could add: Jalil Martin, Tagaloa, & Buckley. Plus 2/4 of either Thompson, Smothers, Torres, & Purdy. 

I was going to add Buckley but figured with a thin D-line he may stick around in hopes of PT.  I didn't add Thompson or Purdy because they have transferred already so I figured they would stick around especially since Thompson is coming off an injury.  With the rules they have in place for new coaches they can basically tell players to hit the bricks but they keep their scholarship and stipend but they don't count toward the 85.  So I could see that happening with Smothers and maybe some of the guys who have been in the program a while and done nothing.   

• Mavric unpinned this topic