Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm surprised we haven't had any departures yet.  

We will - Rhule had mentioned they plan to sit down with every player after spring ball and talk things through, and that he hoped players would wait for that before jumping in the portal. Seems like most did, which is honestly kind of surprising - but we have to get down to 85 one way or another, so the departures are coming.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

We will - Rhule had mentioned they plan to sit down with every player after spring ball and talk things through, and that he hoped players would wait for that before jumping in the portal. Seems like most did, which is honestly kind of surprising - but we have to get down to 85 one way or another, so the departures are coming.

Yep, Rhule and his staff probably reviewed all the tape from the practices and discussed as a staff on Sunday.  Then started meeting with the players on Monday (if not Sunday).

4 minutes ago, YetiJR said:

I was thinking Smothers, feel like I haven't heard a peep about him, but I might've missed something.

He had surgery and has been out for the spring. It wouldn't surprise me if Smoother's took the stay in school get it paid for but not count against the team scholarship numbers route.

2 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

He's a coaches kid.  Probably wants to get into coaching.  I bet he takes the deal to keep his scholarship but not be on the team.  Then stick around as a GA 

I just posted this in another thread, but here's a tweet from that coach dad:

• Mavric unpinned this topic