Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

Really hard in this day and age to have 2 true starter level QBs on the roster so I’m not all that surprised. My biggest concern is if this makes the offensive design a little more protective of Sims like we saw with Martinez at times. Gotta still make use of all Sims strengths (I’m sure we will).

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Really hard in this day and age to have 2 true starter level QBs on the roster so I’m not all that surprised. My biggest concern is if this makes the offensive design a little more protective of Sims like we saw with Martinez at times. Gotta still make use of all Sims strengths (I’m sure we will).

I wonder if the offense strategy, more designed QB runs, is why he's leaving. Thought he'd be willing to compete for the job this fall. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, hskrpwr13 said:

I wonder if the offense strategy, more designed QB runs, is why he's leaving. Thought he'd be willing to compete for the job this fall. 

He wants a guaranteed spot to be the guy. And maybe play in the pros. 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Can't help but wonder if Marcus Washington will follow Casey again now. Good part at least is that Rhule and staff aren't publicly embarrassing the players that are leaving... like "Prime" 

Oh yes speculation! 

40 minutes ago, Decked said:

He wants a guaranteed spot to be the guy. And maybe play in the pros. 

OK...walk me through this.

Where is he going to go where he is guaranteed the starting job (now that he's missed spring ball and with a totally new staff and system) and the team around him is good enough that he's going to get drafted?  I could see that if he would have left back in December and he has had all this time with the new staff....but....

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Where is he going to go where he is guaranteed the starting job (now that he's missed spring ball and with a totally new staff and system) and the team around him is good enough that he's going to get drafted?  I could see that if he would have left back in December and he has had all this time with the new staff....but....

Probably a group of five. I’m not saying I think he is going to be drafted but he is going to have to start somewhere if he wishes to pursue that route. My thought would be a Houston, UTSA, UAB, & or other group of 5.

• Plus1 4
On 4/28/2023 at 10:56 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe his dad will get a coaching job and his brother will follow them around recording every move they make?

• Haha 1
On 4/28/2023 at 9:56 AM, BigRedBuster said:

The alternative is to stay here and possibly ride the bench all year.  Isn't going somewhere else and playing better for his draft chances than sitting? He can pick up an offense over the summer, he's like 47 years old for goodness sake. Seems pretty straight forward to me.  Maybe he simply wants to play his last year and not sit, or maybe he hates Runzas, we don't know!

• Mavric unpinned this topic