Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

38 minutes ago, Decked said:

Visiting this weekend. Iowa only has offered a PWO. he has a scholarship to come here. N. 

Assuming the new staff wants a scholarship kicker, knowing how desperate recruiting and retooling the team is at… a lot of kickers begin as PWO, so it will be interesting to see if this staff honors every offer. Maybe they have already honored it and waiting on his decision, I don’t know

14 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Come one man. Like I know he didnt come in and get 10 sacks, but he got after the passer this year and helped disrupt a lot of plays. If you actually didnt see him you didnt watch. 

I think we can all agree that he didn’t live up to the hype. Maybe we were just so desperate for an edge rusher that we expected too much :dunno

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
3 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Come one man. Like I know he didnt come in and get 10 sacks, but he got after the passer this year and helped disrupt a lot of plays. If you actually didnt see him you didnt watch. 

Disagree. He was pedestrian at best. Watched all the games. Not sure what it was with him (scheme, coaching, overrated) but don’t think any opponent feared him like we expected. Barely flashed at all. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think it absolutely had to do with the coaches and the play calling. That is my personal feeling on him.

While Mathis was ok and disruptive at times, he definitely didn’t live up to the hype. There is not much “play calling” for an Edge rusher on 3rd and long. It’s called “go get the QB”, and Mathis didn’t put enough consistent pressure on the QB in the 2022 season. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 4
28 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

While Mathis was ok and disruptive at times, he definitely didn’t live up to the hype. There is not much “play calling” for an Edge rusher on 3rd and long. It’s called “go get the QB”, and Mathis didn’t put enough consistent pressure on the QB in the 2022 season. 

Have to earn the right to "go get the qb".

Sarcasm aside, even Busch only rushed 3 a lot of times towards the end of the season.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

He was sixth on the team in tackles, fourth in tackles for loss, second in sacks and led in QB hurries.

If you didn't see him you weren't watching

Troll better.

I think Mathis was very good against the run, and those tackle numbers show that. He just didn’t get the sacks which most people  expected (which may have been unrealistic).  

• NsideScoop changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23
  • Mavric unpinned this topic