Think about it…..

I'll add that both the guys you mentioned, went to great teams.  NU had/has neither the talent nor coaching staff that, IMHO, would have made either Burrow or Duggan look good.  Frost wasn't the only NU coach to pass on Burrow.  

On another note, watching Utah completely dismantle USC gives me hope that the right coach and staff can get us back to winning.  Dies there DC have ties to Rhule:D

• TBH 2
15 minutes ago, 1HuskerDad said:

Our last football coaching staff whiffed on one Heisman Trophy Winner in Burrow and possibly one other one in Duggan. Crazy how our trajectory COULD have been different with two Heisman winners OR crazy to think how Joe’s and Max’s trajectory COULD have been different.

Rest assured neither come anywhere close to winning the Heisman here.  We need LINES folks,  not QBs or WRs. Nothing matters until we improve up front.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 5
13 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Rest assured neither come anywhere close to winning the Heisman here.  We need LINES folks,  not QBs or WRs. Nothing matters until we improve up front.

Going back to Utah last night.  That OL and DL were straight up maulers.  That's what we need.  Until we get respectable OL/DL, we will continue to struggle.  I think NU has done a good job through multiple coaches of getting skill guys. We have just slacked off on the lineman.  Still anxious to see our OL coach.....

• Plus1 2

18 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Yes you need a quality line, but let’s not get too silly her by saying we don’t need QB’s.   That is the most important position in sports.  We need more than one quality QB on the roster at all times.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes you need a quality line, but let’s not get too silly her by saying we don’t need QB’s.   That is the most important position in sports.  We need more than one quality QB on the roster at all times.   

It's only the most important position if you have a decent line. Without it, any QB will struggle. 

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

And an I-back willing to tote the rock 30+ times with a broken thumb. 

Probably one of the grittiest performances by an I-back husker lore.  Everyone knew he was going to get the ball and the option was pretty much off the table.  Right up the gut and he wouldn't be denied.  But the oline deserved a lot of the credit that day too.  

Osborne won a lot of games in the 70s with average QBs until Turner Gill showed up.  He took things to a different level and then the same thing happened when Tommie took over.  But still the oline was always stout.  

• Plus1 1