Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

10 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Ives commit?

• Nebraska
    • Temple
    • Rutgers

This poll is closed to new votes

My hope is that this type of recruiting also applies to small school Nebraska kids. Drew Ott and Nathan Bazata both deserved better than a PWO offer from the Huskers and proved it at Iowa. Kids like Kwinton and the twomguys I mentioned shouldn't be overlooked due to the competition they face and parents that don't/ can't run them all over the country to camps.

On 12/5/2022 at 10:19 AM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I agree.  What will be tough is his philosophy of getting athletes & turning them into football players.  

Rhule is going to find that it's a lot more difficult to pull off in the B1G.

Frankly, it's unlikely to work. My hope was that he would use NIL resources to lure 4* talent and develop them... alas, just like his assistant staff pool, he's using those resources to acquire talent Nebraska could've gotten anyway.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 6
7 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Rhule is going to find that it's a lot more difficult to pull off in the B1G.

Frankly, it's unlikely to work. My hope was that he would use NIL resources to lure 4* talent and develop them... alas, just like his assistant staff pool, he's using those resources to acquire talent Nebraska could've gotten anyway.

I would give him more than 2 weeks to build the relationships that have been built for up to 2 years for this recruiting cycle.

Huskerboard does have a page showing 2026 recruits with 7 players on there already.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 5

22 hours ago, JoseyWales said:

I would give him more than 2 weeks to build the relationships that have been built for up to 2 years for this recruiting cycle.

Huskerboard does have a page showing 2026 recruits with 7 players on there already.

He needs to spend scholarships on players rated higher than 0 stars. Recruiting isn't complicated. Let's not act like recruiting players unwanted by any team is a viable strategy. 

He doesn't have time. The roster already has no talent. The B1G is going to eat Rhule alive. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 6
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

He needs to spend scholarships on players rated higher than 0 stars. Recruiting isn't complicated. Let's not act like recruiting players unwanted by any team is a viable strategy. 

He doesn't have time. The roster already has no talent. The B1G is going to eat Rhule alive. 

Okay Chicken Little

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, McGuillotine said:

Okay Chicken Little

Sorry for my overreaction and poor quality post. Competing with Stony Brook and Monmouth University for players - with a roster already devoid of talent - is an excellent strategy and a good use of resources.

Every other successful team - with their rosters full of useless "stars" - are doing it all wrong. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Sorry for my overreaction and poor quality post. Competing with Stony Brook and Monmouth University for players - with a roster already devoid of talent - is an excellent strategy and a good use of resources.

Every other successful team - with their rosters full of useless "stars" - are doing it all wrong. 

You are gonna have an influx of portal guys. There will be reaches. Happens this late in the game with a new staff. 

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 3

13 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

He doesn't have time.

This is a silly argument. Rhule has time and he's going to need it because this is a rebuild.

And freaking out about the transition recruiting class is also silly. There's going to be a lot of reaches and more than reaches because the staff only has a few weeks to compete against coaches and schools that have been recruiting kids for months or years. There's only so much our coaches can do given less than 3 weeks.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
10 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It takes a couple of years to set up relationships.  Right now he is looking for athletes that he can develope.  I like this guy as he is fast & play's several positions.

So do I. Why would you even consider him a reach?  Bc he has no stars or bc of his offer list?  For me I don't look at those things I look at the player overall. Yes he is fast and big and will need time to develop on pass blocking and other things but the pedigree for CR success is there.  There could have been many factors as to why he isn't ranked higher or not having alot of power 5 scholarships.  As long as he stays the course and grows and doesn't get hurt he should be just fine at Nebraska and it's ok to go against the norm of having a 6'3 running back.  Just got to have great pad level to get low so your knee's don't get taken out but also great to run over smaller defenders.  It's a win win situation for Coach Rhule to have him.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So do I. Why would you even consider him a reach?  Bc he has no stars or bc of his offer list?  For me I don't look at those things I look at the player overall. Yes he is fast and big and will need time to develop on pass blocking and other things but the pedigree for CR success is there.  There could have been many factors as to why he isn't ranked higher or not having alot of power 5 scholarships.  As long as he stays the course and grows and doesn't get hurt he should be just fine at Nebraska and it's ok to go against the norm of having a 6'3 running back.  Just got to have great pad level to get low so your knee's don't get taken out but also great to run over smaller defenders.  It's a win win situation for Coach Rhule to have him.

Given the compete lack of public film I think the offer list is likely more indicative of how good he is than height, weight, and track times. What exactly are you looking at when looking at the player overall in this case? In assuming coaches have film that we do not, and yet the offers are what they are. 

Don't get me wrong, 6'3 (let's be real - 6'1) and blazing speed is what you reach on if you're going to take a shot on someone. But usually a guy like this is an offer right before the second signing day if there's still room. I would love it if he develops into a stud! It is fair to question the offer though. 

• Mavric changed the title to RB Kwinten Ives