WR Brice Turner

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

1 member has voted

1. 1. To which school will Turner commit?

• Nebraska
    • SMU
    • Houston

This poll is closed to new votes

Alright, alright, alright.... that said. I'm a bit skittish on this recruit. When Frost first got here, he doubled own on guys with Track speed thinking he'd make them football players. I don't believe ANY of those receivers that fit that mold saw playing time. Most likely, we had terrible developers on the team that played favorites and didn't have any real competition for spots, but I still cringed when I heard Rhule say that. 

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to RB Brice Turner [Nebraska PWO Commit]
28 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Alright, alright, alright.... that said. I'm a bit skittish on this recruit. When Frost first got here, he doubled own on guys with Track speed thinking he'd make them football players. I don't believe ANY of those receivers that fit that mold saw playing time. Most likely, we had terrible developers on the team that played favorites and didn't have any real competition for spots, but I still cringed when I heard Rhule say that. 

Kinda feel like when the guys with speed got on the field we just tried to throw them screens or had them run underneath routes with frost.  you see how that changed a lot with whipple sending palmer deep quite a bit.  I suppose we tried a little with toure.  

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Kinda feel like when the guys with speed got on the field we just tried to throw them screens or had them run underneath routes with frost.  you see how that changed a lot with whipple sending palmer deep quite a bit.  I suppose we tried a little with toure.  

Yeah, I am thinking more of guys like Andre Hunt, Jaron Woodyard, Mike Willliams, Jamie Nance, William Nixon, Marcus Flemming - Guys who were reported to have all world speed but needed work on Football skills, but never once saw any meaningful playing time. 

They didn't say it explicitly but On3 indicated he may be a football scholarship guy.  He's had track interest for some time and been picking up more football interest recently so when he got the chance to play football and run track at Nebraska he jumped on it immediately.  Referred to the fact that he'd only get a partial scholarship for track but he can get a full scholarship for football and still run track.

Still looking to get a definitive answer.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to RB Brice Turner [Nebraska Commit]
1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

This has literally always been Rhules recruiting strategy though. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Brice Turner
  • Mavric pinned this topic