Offensive Line Coach

Vizsla1

Right. We got several 6’6-6’’9 290-315lb 4* star recruits frost first 3 yrs of his tenure but never saw fruit. 

he got the beasts but never turned them into animals. Would be f’ing awesome to see some of our 4yr seniors pay off. Plus a couple new guys turn the corner and have a B- line instead of ‘wtf are we doing’ guys. The big10 demands animals . let’s go w a new try. I’m not giving up yet on the guys we have and the new blood brought in. Methinks we see a decent line comin up

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

6 hours ago, I am I said:

Right. We got several 6’6-6’’9 290-315lb 4* star recruits frost first 3 yrs of his tenure but never saw fruit. 

he got the beasts but never turned them into animals. Would be f’ing awesome to see some of our 4yr seniors pay off. Plus a couple new guys turn the corner and have a B- line instead of ‘wtf are we doing’ guys. The big10 demands animals . let’s go w a new try. I’m not giving up yet on the guys we have and the new blood brought in. Methinks we see a decent line comin up

It's a lot about the feet & speed.  Several of our guys had concrete for feet.  Big winter & spring working agility & speed.

1 hour ago, Pasadena Husker said:

the comments by Zatechka and the quote by Rhule seem to be at odds with each other.

Rhule is going to be diplomatic and principled. He's not going to throw players (or a whole position group) under the bus. He knows that HE IS  going to pick who the 1s and 2s are this year and said that "everyone starts with a clean slate". How does it help him to say anything more than what he said?

(I think it will be interesting how much different the O-Line's new strength and conditioning coach can make with them this year. Also, we had a couple of losses this year that people forget about. Nouili and Prochazka were a force to run behind - when they were on the field at the same time in 2020. Prochaszka got a redshirt year from his knee injury in 2021 and I hope he comes back better than ever. Nouili took himself out for a year and hopefully he has grown up and learned something and will take the new staff as a fresh opportunity.

• TBH 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

26 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

And Teddy may still be rehabbing. 

I thought I saw Teddy involved with the latest S&C drills, so I would think he's healthy (or close).  Teddy may have come back a little earlier than he should have, but it's been over a year since his original knee injury.  His injury in the fall was to his right arm, but I can't remember the exact details of what the injury was.

34 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I thought I saw Teddy involved with the latest S&C drills, so I would think he's healthy (or close).  Teddy may have come back a little earlier than he should have, but it's been over a year since his original knee injury.  His injury in the fall was to his right arm, but I can't remember the exact details of what the injury was.

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

And Teddy may still be rehabbing. 

Teddy has played roughly 2-3 total games in college, and only graded well against the NW team we beat 56-7.  I know we are awful on the line so I get it, but it is funny to me how people remember him so fondly with such a tiny body of work.  He wasn't much better than the other tackles against good competition (Michigan before the injury).  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Teddy has played roughly 2-3 total games in college, and only graded well against the NW team we beat 56-7.  I know we are awful on the line so I get it, but it is funny to me how people remember him so fondly with such a tiny body of work.  He wasn't much better than the other tackles against good competition (Michigan before the injury).  

It was the Michigan game which helped him rise amongst fans mainly 

• Plus1 5

I sorta feel the same sentiments about Teddy, not that I want to.  Just hasn't been on the field enough to be locked in as solid starter that you can depend on.  A whole season would have been more helpful.  Injury bug.

Also not sold on NN (Nouili).  Had around 6 starts, played ok, then missed a year.  I don't feel like he gets penciled in as a starter.

Piper played pretty well last year, or we saw him progress with his opportunities.  

Ben Scott should be expected to be Center.  

Corcoran & Benhart were both inconsistent again (good moments and bad).

Lutovsky was up and down, but it was his first real action in the rotation.  I think he has more upside the Corc and Benhart as an offensive lineman.  

Having said that, I do think we should be deeper this year collectively.  I am hopeful that Rhule's specific line play will be carried out well by Coach Raiola, and will be different than the past 5 years (blocking technique/schemes/philosophy).  We are going to need it.

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Exactly, which is funny to me.  He got hurt in the 2nd quarter and graded out 5th of 6 lineman per PFF in that game for the snaps he did play.  

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/pff-snap-counts-and-grades-for-nebraska-s-offensive-vs-michigan

I think part of it was we were just so sick & tired of seeing Benhart with the penalties & just horrid play lol

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1