Offensive Line Coach

Vizsla1

Not sure what to make of this. One thing I can think of is the OL has to play as a unit more than any position group. Maybe Rhule valued the continuity here and further NFL pedigree. It’s his gig and he’s getting paid the big bucks but this one is not going to garner any sympathy if the OL doesn’t perform. You had the money to go and fix the most glaring problem position group and we are sticking with the same coach. He must see something we don’t. And I hope he does because if not we are not going to get out of this mess. The offense is only going as far as the OL takes us. There’s no Palmer to YOLO us out of this.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
58 minutes ago, lo country said:

If he's back, we don't have a choice but to support him...

This is refreshing, looking at other boards and people are calling for Rhule’s job, some fans are just awful. People forget that Nouilli was out all year & Teddy P was out most of the year, forcing Corcoran to play out of position. 

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Not sure what to make of this. One thing I can think of is the OL has to play as a unit more than any position group. Maybe Rhule valued the continuity here and further NFL pedigree. It’s his gig and he’s getting paid the big bucks but this one is not going to garner any sympathy if the OL doesn’t perform. You had the money to go and fix the most glaring problem position group and we are sticking with the same coach. He must see something we don’t. And I hope he does because if not we are not going to get out of this mess. The offense is only going as far as the OL takes us. There’s no Palmer to YOLO us out of this.

Spot on. The OL did not show hardly any improvement under Raiola as the season went on.  I am curious what Rhule saw in him that said he was the BEST candidate to lead our OL moving forward.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

I find it somewhat amusing to read comments lambasting a guy that was handed a shyt sandwich and told to make it taste good in less than a yr.  wonder how that equates over to the MJ love we seen..?? 

Once everyone watched the double Casey sandwich at Purdue I think it was over for his public opinion. If it wasn’t before. They were goddamn brutal this year. They may not have been the best guys but jfc. They were awful. 

• Plus1 5
3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Young,  energetic, teachable coaches...  relax guys.   We have a head coach that is confident in his ability to coach up the coaches he likes.   Maybe it works or maybe it doesn't but to think this is a failure right now is ridiculous. 

A good coach can’t overcome a culture problem.  It’s no different in the “real world”.  There may even be something to the type of athletes being recruited before he got here.  I’m not ready to judge the guy on the performance of 2022.