Huskers @ Indiana

Mavric

This is the offensive night to be expected against a more in your face defensive team.  Crayton comes no where near the on and off ball pressure like tonight.  Unfortunately so many teams in conference play this way.  And Saturday, they'll see the best rim eraser in college to add an aggressive pressure defense.

They had moments tonight, but Breidenbach deciding he needed to shoot twice down the floor leading to this big run was the end

Indiana is throwing up some junk that’s falling, hard to fault our guys right now. They have been playing relatively good defense, often pushing them to the end of the shot clock and not giving up too many easy ones after a rough start to both halves. 

Continuing to fight is a nice sign and finally appear to have an identity. I don’t know that Griesel would be the full scoring difference, but he would’ve definitely put more of a scare into IU. 

Welp, got excited for nothing.  Didn't know Sam wasn't playing until pregame.

I got to say, the defense might use their legs and energy to get in front of shooters (and big men inside), but they do nothing once they get there... but put their arms up.  I saw no threat on defense.

Offensively there was no rhythm.... or offense.  They looked bad at both ends and that is saying a lot because Indiana did not look impressive.  Indiana just happened to hit their inside layups and late game 3's.  

I am officially off the Hoiberg train.  

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, admo said:

Welp, got excited for nothing.  Didn't know Sam wasn't playing until pregame.

I got to say, the defense might use their legs and energy to get in front of shooters (and big men inside), but they do nothing once they get there... but put their arms up.  I saw no threat on defense.

Offensively there was no rhythm.... or offense.  They looked bad at both ends and that is saying a lot because Indiana did not look impressive.  Indiana just happened to hit their inside layups and late game 3's.  

I am officially off the Hoiberg train.  

They got off to a shakey start without Sam running the show. Wilcher did some bigtime shooting but it wasn’t enough for them to catch up. The Indiana center is damn good in every phase of the game as well.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

They got off to a shakey start without Sam running the show. Wilcher did some bigtime shooting but it wasn’t enough for them to catch up. The Indiana center is damn good in every phase of the game as well.

True.  But I also grew tired of all the timeouts in the 2nd half.  Like every 3 minutes there was something killing the action...  There was no flow to the game.  Snooze fest, bad basketball and boring.  Felt like a HS game, but longer.  Anybody can make a 3, and Indiana did at times.  Anybody can kiss the glass with a shot from underneath if not contested.  It was ugly basketball, and perhaps Sam was missing for some of it.  

Maybe we will play fast next game with a purpose.  

18 hours ago, admo said:

Maybe we will play fast next game with a purpose.  

We beat Creighton by slowing the game down and not getting in a running match with them.  It worked.  That's what they tried to do with indiana but it didn't work.  Partly because Greisel was gone and partly because their big in the middle was much better.

But, I expect the same game plan against Purdue.  It's really our only shot at winning.