QB Jeff Sims -> Nebraska

Mavric

• Mavric pinned this topic

I’m thinking CT tries after another surgery.   With Sims and Hornsby, that gives us 4 (counting Purdy) to find 2 that can play decent by fall.  The QB coach has his work cut out for him if CT doesn’t get well by June1.  Guess we will see.  Probably the race for 1st QB is wide open but there is some talent to start year one. Year one is just the beginning of a several years rebuild.  Even with 6-8 wins it is a long road back to relevance.  

4 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I’m thinking CT tries after another surgery.   With Sims and Hornsby, that gives us 4 (counting Purdy) to find 2 that can play decent by fall.  The QB coach has his work cut out for him if CT doesn’t get well by June1.  Guess we will see.  Probably the race for 1st QB is wide open but there is some talent to start year one. Year one is just the beginning of a several years rebuild.  Even with 6-8 wins it is a long road back to relevance.  

I really don’t think Purdy is gonna be here. Think that’s a positive for both sides too. I think at least 2 if not 3 will move on. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Let’s not count Purdy

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Farms said:

Not going to lie I was not super excited about bringing in Hornsby other than just for specialty packages. So to me this confirms that if Hornsby is N, it will either be for just that or to play another position. 

Well.  Raiola is ‘24. We will need at least 5.   You need a runner and a passer for scout team work. You need 3 ready to play all the time.  I’d guess some will leave but not from the top three hopefully.  After spring camp, a couple may decide to move.   We don’t know which and frankly neither does Rhule I’d guess.  He has lots of film but I’m sure he’s a hands on, personal decider and won’t eliminate guys without a chance for all to show themselves.  

We don’t need 8 or nine QBs on scholarship but we want to weed out the bottoms not the middles.   We don’t know yet on Casey or Raiola or any of them.  If your offense depends so heavily of having a great QB, you got to have a bunch.  

I don't think anybody has talked about how Jeff Sims time at Georgia Tech ended. "In regards to Jeff, Jeff won't be with the football team, really kind of indefinitely now. We had meetings with Jeff and meetings with the doctors and the medical professionals and came to the determination that it would be best for Jeff to not be in meetings or not be in practice, but to be in treatment and in rehab right now moving forward.  That's strange to me as to why the doctors or the coach made that decision.

30 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I don't think anybody has talked about how Jeff Sims time at Georgia Tech ended. "In regards to Jeff, Jeff won't be with the football team, really kind of indefinitely now. We had meetings with Jeff and meetings with the doctors and the medical professionals and came to the determination that it would be best for Jeff to not be in meetings or not be in practice, but to be in treatment and in rehab right now moving forward.  That's strange to me as to why the doctors or the coach made that decision.

So you going to add any context to this?  Who said it? When?  Link?

It could be Coach Hayden Fox from Minnesota State and Dr Suess given what you provided.

• TBH 2
28 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Why post something that you have no idea why?  I believe this had to be with being cleared to play and not getting the start.  When the back up got hurt, he said he was too injured to play. Thus, getting in the coach's dog house.

• Mavric unpinned this topic