RIP, Michael Charles Leach -- March 9, 1961 - December 12, 2022

Wild Bill

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm quite sad that my favorite football coach (since Bob Devaney) has died.  Of brilliant intellect, he had the most amazingly wide-ranging, thought-provoking and entertaining post-game press conferences in sports, in which reporters could ask any question, whether or not it was related to the team, or football at all.  There are so many videos on the Internet for your enjoyment, including the famous "wedding advice" one.  And on top of that, he invented the revolutionary air raid offense that many programs have adopted - plus he wrote books on pirates and Geronimo!

What an interesting, unique and truly great man! 

He was at the top of my, coaches I really like, but could never coach at Nebraska list.  Loved his book, Swing your Sword.  

If you haven't read his book, do yourself and pick it up.  I know a few guys trying to make it in the CFB coaching world.  I said tell them to read this so they understand, how hard it is to make it big.

• 2 weeks later...