QB Malik Hornsby -> Texas State

NsideScoop

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hmmm….I actually think there has been a lot of production from the WR group. Sad thing is, it’s always from transfers in and not players we are developing from HS. Hopefully, that will change. 

But, at least the lady two -three years, our best players on offense have been WRs. 

What I mean from production from the wr group is the second and third wr's.  Yes we had Toure but nobody really stood out after him to help the offense out along with Palmer.  Defenses knew that if you took the primary wr away who else was going to step up.

28 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

What I mean from production from the wr group is the second and third wr's.  Yes we had Toure but nobody really stood out after him to help the offense out along with Palmer.  Defenses knew that if you took the primary wr away who else was going to step up.

How many teams have a second and third WR that are huge threats?

Word is it definitely looked like he was going to come here as a WR.  Speculation is the commit tweet from Hales the other night may have been him.

But then Texas State came in late with a chance to play QB.  Apparently he really wanted to play QB but no one was really giving him that chance.  So now it sounds like that's where he's headed.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Word is it definitely looked like he was going to come here as a WR.  Speculation is the commit tweet from Hales the other night may have been him.

But then Texas State came in late with a chance to play QB.  Apparently he really wanted to play QB but no one was really giving him that chance.  So now it sounds like that's where he's headed.

I wonder how serious Texas State is about giving him a chance at qb.  Could be a recruiting ploy you never know in this day and age. :dunno  He is going to have to make the best decision for himself and look at what Texas State has to offer.  If he takes up their offer and they decide to switch positions later after he is on that roster hope he understands that or he could bank on being a qb and leading the team to a bowl game.  That's the best possibility for him as a qb.

12 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I wonder how serious Texas State is about giving him a chance at qb.  Could be a recruiting ploy you never know in this day and age. :dunno  He is going to have to make the best decision for himself and look at what Texas State has to offer.  If he takes up their offer and they decide to switch positions later after he is on that roster hope he understands that or he could bank on being a qb and leading the team to a bowl game.  That's the best possibility for him as a qb.

Considering what the New OC at Texas state has done with the past 3 qbs at UIW, I would bet they offered him to play Qb. 

• TBH 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Malik Hornsby -> Texas State

6 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I feel the reporting was poor on Hornsby.  Lots of clickbait and hype. One of the top QBs in the portal and he ends up at Texas State? And we are asking him to play WR?  Did anyone other than Texas State offer him as QB?

They offered last second. He was N before that. Only team to offer as a QB. 

• Plus1 2