QB Malik Hornsby -> Texas State

NsideScoop

22 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I feel the reporting was poor on Hornsby.  Lots of clickbait and hype. One of the top QBs in the portal and he ends up at Texas State? And we are asking him to play WR?  Did anyone other than Texas State offer him as QB?

Yeah I kept asking if anybody heard if he was in and nobody could tell me anything.  I felt like if he didn't commit to us right off the bat from his visit then he was holding out hope someone would offer him to play qb and that's exactly what happened.

4 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yeah I kept asking if anybody heard if he was in and nobody could tell me anything.  I felt like if he didn't commit to us right off the bat from his visit then he was holding out hope someone would offer him to play qb and that's exactly what happened.

He was N. Waiting for offers. Offer happened. Reporters can only give news when it happens or what they are hearing. And believe it or not young men change their minds a lot!!!

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
8 hours ago, BaytownHusker said:

Considering what the New OC at Texas state has done with the past 3 qbs at UIW, I would bet they offered him to play Qb. 

Not gonna lie, San Marcos Texas is so beautiful and fun for a college student atmosphere (book brains and partying)... and among the best ever for low-key students.  It just hits different there.  Amazing.

Being good in sports is just gravy (example MLB stud Paul Goldschmidt)

Paul Goldschmidt: From The Woodlands to NL MVP front-runner

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Farms said:

Apparently Malik is now listed in the UNL student directory and is not yet listed at Texas State. I assume it’s a nothingburger but crazier things happen e happened.

Assuming the fact that he was CB here with high certainty, I am sure he enrolled, thus being listed after the first week of class… some schools haven’t started second semester yet, not sure about Texas State… or how long the enrollment process takes there. He only committed a few days ago

42 minutes ago, HANC said:

Assuming the fact that he was CB here with high certainty, I am sure he enrolled, thus being listed after the first week of class… some schools haven’t started second semester yet, not sure about Texas State… or how long the enrollment process takes there. He only committed a few days ago

Yep makes sense.

32 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand that but my question was I thought he already signed with Texas State.  Is he trolling Nebraska fans?  Blue check I'm....... sure makes no sense to me.

Maybe he didn’t end up enrolling there.  He’s in the student directory for Nebraska, not it the directory at Texas State.

Have another Jack and Coke and enjoy the ride.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
32 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand that but my question was I thought he already signed with Texas State.  Is he trolling Nebraska fans?  Blue check I'm....... sure makes no sense to me.

53 minutes ago, Mavric said:

:dunno

To provide some context, the words don't really matter. It just happens to be a screenshot of his story on IG. It rolls through a verse of a song and those are the lyrics to it. The picture of him a Nebraska uniform is the puzzling part. But the words are just the first 6 words from a song and it continues to roll through the entire verse. 

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Transfers don't technically sign a letter of intent.  They make a commitment, and enroll at the school.  The enrollment at the school isn't even an "official commitment" as the player can enroll at multiple schools and then will decide which school to officially start classes.

UNL doesn't start class until this coming Monday (1/23).  Plus, there is usually  a 5-7 day leeway period for late enrollment.

• Fire 1