QB Malik Hornsby -> Texas State

NsideScoop

4 minutes ago, DGNU said:

...and athletes don't have to sign at all, as well. According to their most recent posts he's in the student directory at NU, but not at Texas State so.... definitely waiting to hear more! Going to be up to 100 schollies by next week!

Yeah I feel like kids here that need to develop will probably be pushed out the door like thank you no thank you.  I know some on this board have said nil deals will take care of things but I specifically don't know how many players Nebraska can have in uniform and on the travel roster.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Transfers don't technically sign a letter of intent.  They make a commitment, and enroll at the school.  The enrollment at the school isn't even an "official commitment" as the player can enroll at multiple schools and then will decide which school to officially start classes.

UNL doesn't start class until this coming Monday (1/23).  Plus, there is usually  a 5-7 day leeway period for late enrollment.

Oh thanks. So your saying we could still add him?  This roster I believe is going to look completely different.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yeah I feel like kids here that need to develop will probably be pushed out the door like thank you no thank you.  I know some on this board have said nil deals will take care of things but I specifically don't know how many players Nebraska can have in uniform and on the travel roster.

1.  The scholarship limit is 85.  That's the main limit that NU needs to worry about.  I know NIL can take care of some guys, but NIL $ is meant to be a complement to the scholarship.  NU volleyball ran into that issue with Kayla Caffey.  She wanted to play another season, NU didn't have a scholarship for her, NU thought that NIL $ could be used as a way to compensate her, and she decided to transfer to Texas because they could give her a scholarship.

2.  NU can have as many players on their roster as the coaches want, and NU can dress as many guys at home games as they want.  Many are speculating that Rhule will reduce the roster size to 120-130, after it being near 150 under Frost.

3.  The travel roster is 70 players for Big Ten games.  There are lot of scholarship guys who don't make it on the travel roster.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
15 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Oh thanks. So your saying we could still add him?  This roster I believe is going to look completely different.

It's pretty obvious that the roster is going to look different, but we won't know the full impact of the moves until after Spring when we see which players are nudged to move along from NU.  That is going to happen given the current scholarship count.  Rhule isn't going to talk negative about the players he inherited, but given the record of the team the past few years, I think it's safe to say that Rhule realized they needed an influx of talent in key areas.

• Plus1 3

The Texas State thing never made sense to me anyway. I understand a bit if he wants to play QB, fine. But you'd have to assume the dream is the NFL, and if that is the end goal but every major schools tells you that you aren't good enough at QB to help college teams, then the likelyhood you are good enough there for the NFL is not great. Convert to something else and get to work imo.  Unless your goal is recognition as a good QB at Texas State.. Then go there. 

1 hour ago, Husker03 said:

The Texas State thing never made sense to me anyway. I understand a bit if he wants to play QB, fine. But you'd have to assume the dream is the NFL, and if that is the end goal but every major schools tells you that you aren't good enough at QB to help college teams, then the likelyhood you are good enough there for the NFL is not great. Convert to something else and get to work imo.  Unless your goal is recognition as a good QB at Texas State.. Then go there. 

Yeah like when I was in school and I said I was a free safety and the coaches said no you are a strong safety and I said... ok

2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Hopefully he finally figured it out like Mccaffery. 

• 2 weeks later...